Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Everyone

I visit the site everyday to see the latest Challenger talk especially for the SXT 3.6L owners in particular. I've been a member for about 9 months and really never had much to post until now. I'd like to announce that I'm the proud owner of 2012 Supercharged Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline 3.6L V6 thanks to 3.6 kit.
I bought my 2012 Redline back on July 6, 2013 (used) but only got to drive her for one day before I had to go back to Afghanistan the follow day. So for almost 8 months I had to go without my new girl. During that time apart I had plenty of time to decide what performance upgrades I wanted to do to her when I returned back to the U.S. First, I was just going to throw a K&N CAI, cat-back and Diablo Trinity tune on her a call it day. Then I changed my plans after hearing a lot of talk about a supercharger for our 3.6L possibly being a reality. So I waited just like everyone else to see what it would cost and what HP gains we could see come from a SC on the 3.6L V6 before I went all in.
Fast Forward, my 2012 Rallye Redline is officially been BLOWN! It has been a AWESOME experience to get behind the wheel yesterday for the first time since getting the 3.6 kit installed on my Redline. If anyone is on the fence about getting there 3.6L supercharged, let be the first to say jump over if you can afford to. Worth every dollar in my opinion. Other mods include a Solo-Performance catback exhaust and Diablo Trinity custom tune.

These are some Dyno results before and after getting supercharged.
Before and after Dyno results.
These are two different Dyno facility's.

2012 3.6 Dodge Challenger Redline
Baseline Dyno run.
20" rims 248 rwhp (Before)

20" rims 399.9 RWHP (After)
That converts to
459.75 HP
Not to bad for a V6

Attachments

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Congrats!! Hopeing to have mine in before the end of the month.

Now what are your next plans? Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Plumcrazy. Feels good to be back although it's only for a short time. I'm going to drive the wheels off of my Redline until a leave again.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My next mod will be to GO LOW, by that I mean air ride suspension. Getting it done in a week. I post some pics after the install.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
awesome numbers...thanks for your service...what branch/career field?

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Those are some impressive numbers...

460 HP at the Crank, and I'm sure your car weighs a bit less than mine. Did it come with STP? I heard that it was available on some SXT packages? If not, some beefy sway bars/strut braces, along with your planned air-ride will make that one badazz ride. Very cool.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Thanks for your service! Congrats on the mod, I bet it's hard not to smoke those tires?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
we had a talk about gears
3.06 lsd Getrag with shaft $1000 (don't know what the V6 has for a center section, if it is aluminum then it is the Getrag LSD, if just the cover that is aluminum then it is the standard R/T type 210mm open.)
3.64 for $75 at the local yard direct bolt in at least for non 3.06.... but a little steep on the street, not crazy steep.

I have the 3.64 and it is a great ratio for actual responsiveness at all normal driving speeds with 5 speed.

·
Registered
336 Posts
460 HP at the Crank, and I'm sure your car weighs a bit less than mine. Did it come with STP? I heard that it was available on some SXT packages? If not, some beefy sway bars/strut braces, along with your planned air-ride will make that one badazz ride. Very cool.
The Rallye Redline package is supposed to have some suspension/brake upgrades over the 'regular' SXT.

·
Registered
62 Posts
"The Rallye Redline features the Super Sport Group as standard equipment and includes a performance-tuned suspension with firmer front and rear monotube shocks, and a larger front and a rear sway bar to add to the cornering capabilities. A performance tuned steering calibration delivers 25 percent quicker steering and 20 percent heavier on-center feel, while larger performance disc brakes replace the standard set."

1 - 20 of 75 Posts