Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I became extremely disappointed with Diablo Trinity T2 a couple years ago when I discovered it was incapable of Logging wide band AFR (and other analog inputs). Several times I warned Challengertalk members of this shortcoming when they were debating which tuning platform to use. I'm happy to say Diablo finally stepped up to the plate last week by releasing the T2 3.0 update and a more affordable Expandable Accessory System (EAS).

Instructions in the T2 and EAS manual are not as clear as I wish they were (maybe I'm just thick) but with a couple of evenings experimenting wide band AFR finally was present in the data log. One issue was EAS settings has selections for many wide band AFR sensors but not the PLX unit I have so scaling had to be entered manually. Even after doing so, at first I thought there was a problem because the T2 gauge and log displayed a different value than the PLX gauge. After videoing the T2 and PLX side by side while taking a short ride, I entered values at random times from both T2 & PLX in a spreadsheet then calculated the difference. Sometimes the T2 values was higher, sometimes the PLX value was higher, sometimes they were equal with the exception that PLX displays to 1 decimal place while T2 displays to 2 decimal places. Visually it is easy to see the T2 updates much more frequently than the PLX so I guessed the difference in displayed values was attributed to the difference in sampling rate of the 2 instruments. Anyone have other thoughts what is causing the difference?

Heading to the track in a couple hours, hope to have better data to send to the tuner next week.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,717 Posts
Good info, do you know is this for T2 only or is the T1 included?

Quick side question: are you having any issues with their DataViewer software lately when viewing or recoding your logs? I installed their most recent update (3.3.16/17) and it has hosed the DataViewer operation completely.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
Good info, do you know is this for T2 only or is the T1 included?

Quick side question: are you having any issues with their DataViewer software lately when viewing or recoding your logs? I installed their most recent update (3.3.16/17) and it has hosed the DataViewer operation completely.
Disregard my side question, versions 3.4.4.16 and 17 of DataViewer are hosed from the addition of the EAS functionality apparently. They have released 3.4.4.21 of DataViewer to address what the v16/17 releases broke, which I am verifying myself as we speak...

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It appears the 3.0 update is for T2 only. I never had a T1 so not familiar with it but thinking the EAS kit should work with T1 if the ODBII to T1 cable accepts EAS input. I was under the impression that T1 was able to log analog inputs.

I have not had any problems viewing logs on Dataviewer however still not able to view data live. With versions prior to 3.4.4.17 I was unable to connect to the vehicle (got stuck scanning ports for input). With 3.4.4.17 I am able to connect to the vehicle and retrieve PID's but when they are selected to display I get an error message and Dataviewer shuts down. I'll update to 3.4.4.21 later today after viewing the only log I got last night at the track. Although I have logged data at the track many times, what I learned last night. 1. must push the button to start logging:( 2. Screen with 16 rectangular gauges is a little difficult to use while car is in motion, swiping down to get the screen to end log twice sent T2 into gauge editor, was unable to save log.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
It appears the 3.0 update is for T2 only. I never had a T1 so not familiar with it but thinking the EAS kit should work with T1 if the ODBII to T1 cable accepts EAS input. I was under the impression that T1 was able to log analog inputs.

I have not had any problems viewing logs on Dataviewer however still not able to view data live. With versions prior to 3.4.4.17 I was unable to connect to the vehicle (got stuck scanning ports for input). With 3.4.4.17 I am able to connect to the vehicle and retrieve PID's but when they are selected to display I get an error message and Dataviewer shuts down. I'll update to 3.4.4.21 later today after viewing the only log I got last night at the track. Although I have logged data at the track many times, what I learned last night. 1. must push the button to start logging:( 2. Screen with 16 rectangular gauges is a little difficult to use while car is in motion, swiping down to get the screen to end log twice sent T2 into gauge editor, was unable to save log.
Yeah, IMO using the laptop and DataViewer to stream the data live and record it as a log at the same time is the only way to go. (Hint: Using the Magnifier from the Accessibility section in Windows helps you see what you’re doing when trying to manipulate things on a laptop in the passenger seat while sitting in the driver’s seat.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts