Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I?ve been shopping, researching and learning in general about these cars since about June. You have probably seen me asking a lot of questions!

I was just about to try to order an 18.

Well, after months of searching and never finding the ?the right one?, my wife asks ?What do you want? Let me try looking...?

The first search result she got is the car now in my driveway! Lol

Leftover 2016 Jazz Blue Scat Pack A8.
Appearance package, leather, convenience group and WRT wheels. Got a very good deal on this car!

Now to try to upload a couple of pics...

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don?t look to close at the car dork leaning on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Very pretty car, enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I?ve been shopping, researching and learning in general about these cars since about June. You have probably seen me asking a lot of questions!

I was just about to try to order an 18.

Well, after months of searching and never finding the ?the right one?, my wife asks ?What do you want? Let me try looking...?

The first search result she got is the car now in my driveway! Lol

Leftover 2016 Jazz Blue Scat Pack A8.
Appearance package, leather, convenience group and WRT wheels. Got a very good deal on this car!

Now to try to upload a couple of pics...

That's a lot of questions! Hahaha.. However it happened it did. I have a similar car, different color. Welcome and good luck. Let's see the inside.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congratulations. Nice picture of the whole car. I have no pictures of the entire car!!! Good job.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I like the black vinyl on the dark blue.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts

HA!! That's just what I was going to say...:grin2: You can hardly breathe on these things without creasing panels. Knock that crap off!! Enjoy and Welcome!!:drink4:

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
HA!! That's just what I was going to say...:grin2: You can hardly breathe on these things without creasing panels. Knock that crap off!! Enjoy and Welcome!!:drink4:
I know what cha mean. Somebody leaned on my quarter panel (with their door :wink3:) and I just got the car back from the body shop. The lines on a Challenger are so long and straight, every little ding shows up. Glad that it's ding-free now. Learned my lesson about daring to park it in a close and convenient spot for "just a minute" while I run in the bank. I'll be parking in the back forty from now on.

Your new ride: study the subject of catch cans on this forum for the past 4 months. A lot to be learned. Your new ride will thank you every time you empty that black gunk out and realize that it did NOT gum up your valves.

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
That’s car abuse, get off of it, show some proper Challenger etiquette, lol.
Enjoy the new car, nice to hear your wife found just what you wanted.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats. Recently went through similar experience shopping for a pre owned. The cars r great. Enjoying my daily commute for first fime in a while...enjoy!

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats, any mod plans?
Some minor mods while it is still under warranty. Already have a catch can to put on.
Taser.
Maybe do something with the airbox - Hellcat box or an after market intake.
Also maybe a Hellcat diff brace for insurance purposes. 18? drag radials eventually.

When the warranty is up - cam & HP Tuner.
Maybe longtube headers and some other stuff.

Bought it with 60 miles showing Friday night. Has 450 now since We drove it back to Missouri from Kentucky. I let my wife do most of the driving since she found it.

She likes Mustangs and wasn?t a super fan of Challengers. I think I can change her mind a little :)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I know what cha mean. Somebody leaned on my quarter panel (with their door :wink3:) and I just got the car back from the body shop. The lines on a Challenger are so long and straight, every little ding shows up. Glad that it's ding-free now. Learned my lesson about daring to park it in a close and convenient spot for "just a minute" while I run in the bank. I'll be parking in the back forty from now on.

Your new ride: study the subject of catch cans on this forum for the past 4 months. A lot to be learned. Your new ride will thank you every time you empty that black gunk out and realize that it did NOT gum up your valves.
Oh, Gary. I was on another forum, lx forum or something. Found that before this. You should see the uneducated moronic catch can discussion!!! The group thinking was, well get a cheap one just in case! The intelligence level between the two forums is astounding! I don't think I'll go back. I unsubscribed from the thread because I couldn't take it any more and as W.C. said, "don't give a sucker an even break or educate the ignorant".......especially after they are convinced they are cosmetic!!! Had to tell you.
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Oh, Gary. I was on another forum, lx forum or something. Found that before this. You should see the uneducated moronic catch can discussion!!! The group thinking was, well get a cheap one just in case! The intelligence level between the two forums is astounding! I don't think I'll go back. I unsubscribed from the thread because I couldn't take it any more and as W.C. said, "don't give a sucker an even break or educate the ignorant".......especially after they are convinced they are cosmetic!!! Had to tell you.
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Would like to read up on the catch can discussion on that forum. I'd get a kick outa that. I've been impressed thus far with the positive response this forum grants to new research and new ideas. Any gear head knows that our mechanical world is chock full of old wives' tales and superstition. We are an opinionated bunch for sure, but it's refreshing to note that we can come together to provide some valuable feedback and some good educated guesses to help each other out.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts