Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, not a 'new member' to the site, but going to be a 'new member' of the challenger community shortly.

Did a deal on a 2010 R/T at my local dealer in SC. They are flying up to NY and going to drive the car down this week.

It's a base 2010, only options being 6speed and sirius (all my budget can afford)

UPDATE!!!!! NEWS FLASH!!!

So the deal fell through on the R/T, turns out my dealership never locked down the car before we negotiated and signed paperwork. They contact the dealer who has the car and they made it into a $70k Richard Petty Edition.

Last night we struck a deal on a 2011 Black R/T with 20inch wheels and Mopar Exterior Appearance Group as the only options. Obviously ended up paying more than the 2010, but i'm happy with the deal and delighted with the car. Can't quite believe after 2 1/2 years of waiting I finally have a Challenger. I'm glad I didn't go used/2010 and i'll be happier with the 2011 and the improvements the car has.

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
Nice! You'll enjoy your car. :D

I too have the base car and wouldn't want anything more. I have the 10" stock wheels and really like the look. I've seen OEM 20" rims on this site that guys take off to put on after market wheels; keep looking - good luck.

·
Registered
664 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! You'll enjoy your car. :D

I too have the base car and wouldn't want anything more. I have the 10" stock wheels and really like the look. I've seen OEM 20" rims on this site that guys take off to put on after market wheels; keep looking - good luck.
thank you! i may end up going with just a beefier tire, i do like the look of the hold school muscle car tires.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride! :) Don't forget to post some pics.

·
Registered
217 Posts
6-speed and Sirius is all I wanted on mine, but when I got ready to buy I couldn't find one like that in the local area. So I took the R/T Classic they were discounting $9500 and have enjoyed it thoroughly (except for the sunroof eating up the headroom). What mods are you planning besides wheels?

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

Long time and a long wait good to have you back over here brother :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6-speed and Sirius is all I wanted on mine, but when I got ready to buy I couldn't find one like that in the local area. So I took the R/T Classic they were discounting $9500 and have enjoyed it thoroughly (except for the sunroof eating up the headroom). What mods are you planning besides wheels?
I actually wouldn't have minded a sunroof, the SRT4 had one and i surprisingly enjoyed it, although im only 5'8". I looked at your photos earlier and it looks quite a squeeze heightwise for you!!

I had heavily modded my SRT4, so much so the R/T is a way step down in power, but I know i'm going to be so much happier. I'll take it easy, step by step, this is my first v8 and i'm used to the tuners cars. For starters CAI, Predator and figure out an exhaust system. Oh and red R/T Classic Stripes on the black car.....yum.

Long time and a long wait good to have you back over here brother :)

yup, it was two years ago i was awaiting my B5 Blue baby and I unfortunately couldn't take delivery and had to pass her up. But luckily things have changed! Photos will come when she arrives!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Grats on the purchase. I lurk these forums all all the time and granted I'm glad when people buy a challenger they want I feel as if they always overpay. I think you did very good on your deal though. I can't believe people are still paying $30k for Rts when + $2k more you can get a used SRT.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Opinions: I love my Caliber SXT, I may be the exception to the rule. it's the daily driver that allows the Challenger to be a garage princess. It's tough keeping multiple cars, but I highly recommend it whenever possible. I have sun and sound package on the Caliber, a sound system that can blow almost anyone away (including my upgraded Challenger sound system). Caliber even has fold down speakers in back. I'm a ragtop guy, so for a spring day, sunroof is next best thing - smell the smells and feel the wind. Sirius radio, channel 25, underground garage is king, classic rock is next. I don't mind driving 4 bangers as long as I have a sound system, and something mean in the garage for the weekends.

For the challenger, 26.6 sounds good. Around here (MD) I was just finding leftover loaded 2010s, and while I got mine for $30K a few weeks ago, most are still $33K and a few more features than mine, but I would still call mine loaded. It is very hard to find leftover low optioned 2010 R/Ts at this point, in my own experience. Once finding one, you are not going to get the $8K or $9K off that the loaded ones can approach. Finding anything less than $29K is a great deal for an R/T, based on what I found locally and saw online - most of the 2010 cars where that is even possible (low options) are long gone, so you did well.

Keep the Sirius, and crank it up loud on channel 25.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Congrats Owen! Look forward to seeing you around the Creek. I think $26.6k is a real good deal. The boys at N. Chuck Dodge did you right.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
updated first post on deal falling through :(

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
updated first post on deal falling through :(
that's the spirit and good attitude you will be impressed with the subtle changes that have been done for 2011 cars :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
yup, it was two years ago i was awaiting my B5 Blue baby and I unfortunately couldn't take delivery and had to pass her up. But luckily things have changed! Photos will come when she arrives!
It was two years ago this month. I remember. 70TA and I were at Fredericks taking delivery of our cars when you were negotiating to purchase a Challenger. Bob sure had a ton of B5 Blues on his lot.

You will really enjoy your Challenger....finally!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Owen, What's the status on the deal? I installed the J pipes with my Solo Exhaust today and I've got exactly the sound I want inside and outside the car now.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Congratulations Owen! I know it took you awhile to get things put together, but I know it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Updated first post with photos!

Owen, What's the status on the deal? I installed the J pipes with my Solo Exhaust today and I've got exactly the sound I want inside and outside the car now.
the deal is done! check the photos! we have to get together!

It was two years ago this month. I remember. 70TA and I were at Fredericks taking delivery of our cars when you were negotiating to purchase a Challenger. Bob sure had a ton of B5 Blues on his lot.

You will really enjoy your Challenger....finally!
I love this forum, the fact that I can disappear for two years (to depressed to come here and be reminded of not being able to get the car!) and come back to people who remember me :)

and thanks, she's wonderful!

Congratulations Owen! I know it took you awhile to get things put together, but I know it was worth the wait.
It was worth the wait, and thanks for the advice, searching and help Lee, I certainly do appreciate it :guiness:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sweet looking ride! I like the wing and the scoop. I was looking at that one the other day when I was at the dealership getting a complimentary oil change. We'll have to get together for a drive sometime.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sweet looking ride! I like the wing and the scoop. I was looking at that one the other day when I was at the dealership getting a complimentary oil change. We'll have to get together for a drive sometime.
Yup, she's the one you saw! I just need to wait for the 2011 CAI so I can make that scoop functional!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts