Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I originally had my first Challenger back in 2012 (2011 V6 that was Toxic Orange). I had it close to 2 years and traded it due to gas getting expensive and the commute I had at the time so I decided to get a Civic and that served me well until I moved closer to work. I had a couple other vehicles during that time and always kept Challengers on an Auto Trader search I would occasionally just see what was out there. I really tried to stay away from the forum because when I would visit that would make me want to buy one.

Well fast forward to now, I decided to start my search again because I really wanted wanted an R/T (or Scat Pack). I wanted Go Mango (well I really wanted Hemi Orange but that is not an option). So I found several that were not exactly close (between 4-8 hours away). There was one close but it was a 6 speed and when traffic gets back to normal there was no way I would want that on my commute. So after reaching out to a few local dealers trying to get them to get me one of these cars and they were pretty much useless. They wanted to sell what they had or order one (and at the time of course everything was shut down and they were not building them). So I just reached out those dealers directly. After some negotiation I wound up driving about 4 hours but could not be happier with my new R/T Plus. I am thrilled to be a Challenger owner again.

·
Premium Member
9,343 Posts
So I originally had my first Challenger back in 2012 (2011 V6 that was Toxic Orange). I had it close to 2 years and traded it due to gas getting expensive and the commute I has at the time so I decided to get a Civic and that served me well until I moved closer to work. I had a couple other vehicles during that time and always kept Challengers on an Auto Trader search I would occasionally just see what was out there. I really tried to stay away from the forum because when I would visit that would make me want to buy one.

Well fast forward to now, I decided to start my search again because I really wanted wanted an R/T (or Scat Pack). I wanted Go Mango (well I really wanted Hemi Orange but that is not an option). So I found several that were not exactly close (between 4-8 hours away). There was one close but it was a 6 speed and when traffic gets back to normal there was no way I would want that on my commute. So after reaching out to a few local dealers trying to get them to get me one of these cars and they were pretty much useless. They wanted to sell what they had or order one (and at the time of course everything was shut down and they were not building them). So I just reached out those dealers directly. After some negotiation I wound up driving about 4 hours but could not be happier with my new R/T Plus. I am thrilled to be a Challenger owner again.

View attachment 993957
Congratulations, what a great color and welcome back to the group.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Congrats, welcome to the Go-man-go family. I too was hoping for Hemi Orange and settled for GoMango and now like it better. It glows a little more. I had a 2013 R/T that was Hemi Orange and wished I'd never sold it. The pic of the Scat Pack is my current car when new and right after I brought it home in 2018. Now it has OEM R/T side stripes like the ones available on the 2020 Scat Packs. Enjoy that 5.7 Hemi and the growl of the active exhaust.

image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
Welcome back, looks great (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,202 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts