Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you already know, as part of the deal for my new R/T Plus the dealer included some red OEM R/T Classic side stripes. I just got them installed today.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,204 Posts
As some of you already know, as part of the deal for my new R/T Plus the dealer included some red OEM R/T Classic side stripes. I just got them installed today.
Looks good Kurt!

I'm partial to stripes myself:

Attachments

Reactions: MuscleCarProf

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good Kurt!

I'm partial to stripes myself:
Man, I wish Dodge would open up the option flood gates and offer a factory Classic package with a shaker. They should also offer hood pins on any model (more $ for them) and the 392 of course. You have that sweet full leather interior as well. For '18, Dodge added the suede interior on the Plus model R/Ts if you got Super Track Pak so my R/T's interior is exactly like my previous SP without the bee embroidery. I would have actually preferred the standard Plus leather.

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
They built 5 Anniversary R/T's in 2014 with Shakers and on the build sheet it said, N96 Shaker Equipment so it can be done. Hood pins and Shakers are done at Ground Effects and they might be busy with Widebodies and special models next few years.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They built 5 Anniversary R/T's in 2014 with Shakers and on the build sheet it said, N96 Shaker Equipment so it can be done. Hood pins and Shakers are done at Ground Effects and they might be busy with Widebodies and special models next few years.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I almost bought one of those. A slightly used one popped up back at Daytona Dodge (where the 5 were ordered) back in late 2014 but they still wanted too much money for this "rare" 1 of 5 car. It was a fantastic looking car though and had the beautiful 100th interior.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Awesome. Love the Red/Black. I have the R/T Classic with Black stripes on Black, but have the Radar Red leather interior. I brought some of the Red outside with R/T badges on the fenders, Red "345" numbers below the HEMI badges on the scoops and a red "HEMI" badge on the spoiler, where the SRTs and T/As have their emblem.

Also swapped the chrome fuel door for a black one. Going for black wheels next (and black hood pins).

Do you have the chrome or black fuel door? The part is under $100 and it's literally a 10-minute swapout you can do in the driveway, with no tools.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Awesome. Love the Red/Black. I have the R/T Classic with Black stripes on Black, but have the Radar Red leather interior. I brought some of the Red outside with R/T badges on the fenders, Red "345" numbers below the HEMI badges on the scoops and a red "HEMI" badge on the spoiler, where the SRTs and T/As have their emblem.

Also swapped the chrome fuel door for a black one. Going for black wheels next (and black hood pins).

Do you have the chrome or black fuel door? The part is under $100 and it's literally a 10-minute swapout you can do in the driveway, with no tools.
I've seen your car in other posts and think it looks great. I almost commented that you should keep it when you mentioned that you were thinking of getting rid of it for a 392. I really like that red interior. I never thought the red suede looked as good as the pure leather interior like yours. If I had your car I'd hold on to it. Of all the Challengers I've owned, my favorite was my '13 Hemi Orange R/T Plus with black R/T Classic side stripes. To this day I wish I had never traded it for my first Scat Pack.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Yep, the cars do need just something. Looks GREAT Are those gloss or matt stripes? Looks gloss, didn't know that was OEM, perhaps it is color specific. Regardless, looks awesome.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep, the cars do need just something. Looks GREAT Are those gloss or matt stripes? Looks gloss, didn't know that was OEM, perhaps it is color specific. Regardless, looks awesome.
They are the OEM MOPAR stripes and are more of a gloss color vs the satin black.

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. I've always wanted a black car with red interior, and when I found this one, I was in love. Making the last payment on it tomorrow. As much as I'm lusting after a T/A 392, the news that they're going to keep making the Chally for several more years has me reconsidering trading up now. I may just add some after market wheels (Check out the photo below from one of those wheel configurators) to replace the OEM Mineral Gray ENVY wheels, and some hood pins to complete the '70 Challenger R/T tribute.

It was in a deer collision, so it's resale/trade-in value is diminished. I'm probably better off hanging on to it until it starts costing me too much to repair. Other than the current Alternator Recall (which hasn't been replaced), the only original part problem I've ever had was one $15 ABS sensor.

It needs spark-plugs right now, and it still has the OEM battery (from November 2012), so I'll probably pre-emptively replace that. With a few hundred bucks into plugs and battery, and a fresh look with some new black wheels and hood pins, I may be good to go for another 3-4 years.

I've read that the Challenger may be getting a "refresh" in 2020 and may run through 2023. Hoping for some Cuda inspired styling cues. Maybe I'll wait a few years and see what they do to it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. I've always wanted a black car with red interior, and when I found this one, I was in love. Making the last payment on it tomorrow. As much as I'm lusting after a T/A 392, the news that they're going to keep making the Chally for several more years has me reconsidering trading up now. I may just add some after market wheels (Check out the photo below from one of those wheel configurators) to replace the OEM Mineral Gray ENVY wheels, and some hood pins to complete the '70 Challenger R/T tribute.

It was in a deer collision, so it's resale/trade-in value is diminished. I'm probably better off hanging on to it until it starts costing me too much to repair. Other than the current Alternator Recall (which hasn't been replaced), the only original part problem I've ever had was one $15 ABS sensor.

It needs spark-plugs right now, and it still has the OEM battery (from November 2012), so I'll probably pre-emptively replace that. With a few hundred bucks into plugs and battery, and a fresh look with some new black wheels and hood pins, I may be good to go for another 3-4 years.

I've read that the Challenger may be getting a "refresh" in 2020 and may run through 2023. Hoping for some Cuda inspired styling cues. Maybe I'll wait a few years and see what they do to it.

That's the spirit! I bet you'll like it a whole bunch more next month at this time.... Yep, refresh and go! Let's see when you finish.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
As a daily driver, I've never felt compelled to touch the paint finish. I've literally never polished or waxed....only what the touchless car-wash applies. Since I started driving it in February this year, due to the early spring weather in PA, there will be some days when the snow returns (like this Friday) when it will be in the garage for a few days. I think I'll take advantage of the availability, and take some clay-bar to some scratches, give it a mild polish, and some Black Meguires and see how BLACK I can make it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts