Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got a Supercharger and am getting 505HP/486 tq at the rear wheels. That is the good news. The bad news is I will likely not be around too much after the Challenger gets sold. Bunch of good info here and some really great members and vendors here.
I bought a 2011 Shelby GT500 today. Black/black, stripe delete, SVT performance package. Wanted the HP and performance but did not see the wisdom of replacing my engine with a stroker and then adding a SC, axles, clutch, etc. It was easier and less expensive in the long run and this is a factory installed and warranted supercharged engine.
I know, I know, rock star status has been revoked......
I love my Challenger and everything about it. Hate to have to sell it but cant afford to keep them both as well as my other older hot rod.
Rock on guys

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
The GT500 is a beast. Have fun, be mindful of the rear suspension.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Hang around anyways.. we need a token mustang owner as an active member. Good luck with it, Im sure it will be enjoyable.

Just don't get lost in the crowd (the sea of 'stangs).

Mike

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. I will hang around. Just know my enthusiasm for this new car is no knock on the challenger. I dont roll that way, I am a car guy and you guys are great as are the Challengers. I admire you that could do all you have done to yours. I just did not have the means to do that to a new car.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Eh fast cars nonetheless. Good luck with the new toy and like everyone else said, stick around. We'll need a couple stangs to try and keep up at the events haha.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
thanks guys. I will hang around. Just know my enthusiasm for this new car is no knock on the challenger. I dont roll that way, I am a car guy and you guys are great as are the Challengers. I admire you that could do all you have done to yours. I just did not have the means to do that to a new car.
It's all good, your a car lover and thats what counts:thumbsup: Congrats on your FORD (Fix Or Repair Daily) Sorry bro, I couldn't resisit:thumbsup: LOL!!

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
If you got to defect a GT500 would be the way to go. I bleed Mopar blue, but Ford would definitely be second. Don't be a stranger, we need a spy on the other team. We wouldcall love to see the new beast at CF.

·
Vendor
5,656 Posts
I bought a 2011 Shelby GT500 today. Black/black, stripe delete, SVT performance package.
Congrats on your new ride!! The new Shelby are sweet and you made a great color choice! You should join the Black Mustang Club. ;)

Sorry that you have to sell the Challenger, but hope she goes to a good home and I know you'll enjoy the GT500 a ton!!

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Dude, I just did the same thing except mine is Kona Blue SVT performance package stripe delete. I did not like the red stripes on a blue car nor did I like the stripes on the seats. I ordered the white SVTPP stripe kit for my car. I pick it up on Friday. I love the Challenger and I will own another one just could not part with my old Pontiacs yet. Ialso ordered a Tasca stage III kit that includes a new L&M throttle body (66mm), Ford racing baffle eliminator, pulley and plugsand tune to get an extra 120 hp. Post up some pics.

Well I finally got a Supercharger and am getting 505HP/486 tq at the rear wheels. That is the good news. The bad news is I will likely not be around too much after the Challenger gets sold. Bunch of good info here and some really great members and vendors here.
I bought a 2011 Shelby GT500 today. Black/black, stripe delete, SVT performance package. Wanted the HP and performance but did not see the wisdom of replacing my engine with a stroker and then adding a SC, axles, clutch, etc. It was easier and less expensive in the long run and this is a factory installed and warranted supercharged engine.
I know, I know, rock star status has been revoked......
I love my Challenger and everything about it. Hate to have to sell it but cant afford to keep them both as well as my other older hot rod.
Rock on guys

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Lots to like about the GT500. I'm betting the CT servers won't crash if you post a few pix of the new ride!

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
You will miss the Challenger , both cars are so very different to drive and have qualities all their own, tough decision if you can only have one, but the Shelby has the edge as it is done right from the factory... Blown.. warranty to boot.
Tout09

1 - 20 of 27 Posts