Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Since you have your VIN# you can also call 1-800-4-A-Dodge. During my wait I've obtained better information from that than the insight page or the dealer.
Thanks!!! Ill call em tomorrow

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mine did the same thing after it was built too... It was that way for 11 days...
Well 11 more days, I guess I can do that. What status did your go after the 11 days. Was your already done (JB) or striping?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well 11 more days, I guess I can do that. What status did your go after the 11 days. Was your already done (JB) or striping?
Went JB after that long wait. But it went to 3 different body vendors. Have no clue why it went to all 3, I have the stripes and ground effects but no appearance package so maybe a parts shortage somewhere. The worse wait is when it goes KZ and the shipping company puts it on hold.

Mine finally made it to OHio this afternoon with a ETA at dealer 4/25... I hope so, I'm tired of waiting.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Went JB after that long wait. But it went to 3 different body vendors. Have no clue why it went to all 3, I have the stripes and ground effects but no appearance package so maybe a parts shortage somewhere. The worse wait is when it goes KZ and the shipping company puts it on hold.

Mine finally made it to OHio this afternoon with a ETA at dealer 4/25... I hope so, I'm tired of waiting.
Ever since I ordered my Challenger I've been following the posts of people and their orders. Being an IT guy I got curious what may be going on from an IT perspective in the Insight information.

The data is most and likely being pushed from Chrysler to Insight. But the data is not pushed for for each status change. I am certain it is for key statuses such as D, D1, I, J, etc.

Once a car is released from inspection, I've noticed a lot of duplicated information from day to day. Do I think a car goes back and forth between Brampton and Windsor? I would be amazed if it did. So I speculate that when Chrysler pushes data to Insight that the data is just a repeat of some of the actions that happened or need to happen to get the car to the "body vendor".

Again this is just speculation and I have no actual proof/knowledge. Being an IT professional, this entire process fascinates me. I do work for a very well known recreational boat manufacturer and I see some similarities in the manufacturing and logistics planning with autos. But one thing I do know is people are creative when finding out how to get information. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
WooooooooooooooooWHOOOOOO

it went KZ today

21 - 25 of 25 Posts