Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title states ..... Finally got around to installing my set of oem srt8 headers and midpipes (with stock cats) and Srt 8 3" stainless steel exhaust from mbrp!!!
Had car on a lift, and it is a real *****!!! Installing the headers, took 6 hours just to remove original manifolds & install the srt8 headers... The rest of the exhaust took a hour!!!! Car sound awesome!!!! Has deep rumble at idle, and stomping on the gas!!!! Deep growl & rumble, or just loud like a glasspack!!! Perfect sound in a musclecar. Drove it around allday , with no drone!!!
Can tell car is breathing better, definate increase in hp!!!!
I also have previously installed a 6.1 intake manifold, & a CAI, & a canned diablo 93 octane tune. In the past.
Now With this all done, I can tell a nite & day difference in HP!!!
My 5.7 hemi pulls hard all the way to 6,200 rpms,!!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
That's a great inspiration to us R/T owners that have considered this, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. You would be doing a lot of people, including this one, a favor by putting up a video of some idles and revs as well as some pics of anything you've done to the engine.

Glad you like it man! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
what was the worst part of replacing the manifolds? I've been considering this for a year now. Did you go with the "drone-free" or the standard?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
what was the worst part of replacing the manifolds? I've been considering this for a year now. Did you go with the "drone-free" or the standard?
I used the " stock version", not the drone free. To answer your question.....Getting to the upper bolt on the manifolds is the wrost, just very slow & time consuming, everything is "very tight", But physically not that hard, just need alot of time & patience..... the best thing to use is 1/4" rachet , alot of different length extensions, & atleast 2 " knuckle" joints" ( the little u joints ) with a 45 degree bend, 1 long 10mm wrench, 1 stubby 10mm wrench,

It took me a total of 10 hour, on a lift to get it all done.
I really thought I could do it alot faster.
Now that a have done it, & could do it over, .... If I could find someone to it for around $200.00 I'd pay someone else to do it.
Was PITA since so litte room to work with.(before anyone ask, I have built & restored cars since I was a kid,) this header swap was the worst hands down !!!!
Don't get me wrong, it is definately worth the time. & headache to do, best mod for sound & performance u can do to a 5.7 hemi to get it's full potential And is a great platform to build on with other engine mods later cam, heads, supercharger.....

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a great inspiration to us R/T owners that have considered this, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. You would be doing a lot of people, including this one, a favor by putting up a video of some idles and revs as well as some pics of anything you've done to the engine.

Glad you like it man! :bigthumb:
I will post some on YouTube tomorrow if it's not storming, I don't know how to post a video on there:)

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
congrats!! Love the MBRP!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts