Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well finally did it. ordered a lift. i have wanted one for YRS.. my back can't take a creeper NO MORE. so i have one comming. once i get it and start on the install i will try to shoot some pics along the way if i can

this is what i ordered

Atlas® BP9000 Baseplate 2 Post Lift

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Oh, that lift. I thought I had signed into the Jeep Wrangler forum for a second :D.

Congrats on the lift!

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol ya SKYJACKER LOL!

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I never cease to be amazed at those things. All that weight up that high against a single point anchor just seems like a recipe for disaster with all that leverage.

But they must work... they're everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
us1champ:

You will freaking love that thing, and make all kinds of new friends LOL.

I put a lift in last summer, total cost was about $3.3k, and it was worth every penny.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice danner.. like the shop

is it a pain to stand them up? that is my main concern...

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
You must be excited. What is the significance of the base plate?

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
nice danner.. like the shop

is it a pain to stand them up? that is my main concern...
I had it installed, and those are the installers doing the work. You can do it yourself for sure, I just wasn't sure I could. But after watching them, it's not that big a deal. Two men can stand them up, and then you just bolt stuffy together and lag it to the floor.

Please post some pictures when you get it done.

:guiness:

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
SWEET! I have plans on building another garage someday...definitely put a lift in.
If you're going to build a garage wouldn't it be less expensive to just put in a pit? Seems like not having all that lift stuff in the way would be a nice bonus too.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You must be excited. What is the significance of the base plate?
there is 2 versions of a hoist.. the one danner has has the cables UP ABOVE.. my garage can't quit use that version i only have 11' ceilings so i am going with the vs that the plate goes on the floor and the cables go under that.

Reactions: Yellow Jacket 2012

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
there is 2 versions of a hoist.. the one danner has has the cables UP ABOVE.. my garage can't quit use that version i only have 11' ceilings so i am going with the vs that the plate goes on the floor and the cables go under that.
Also, the cables on the floor means you don't have any overhead interference with taller vehicles. On my lift, a pick-up will reach the overhead bar before the lift reaches the top.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
If you're going to build a garage wouldn't it be less expensive to just put in a pit? Seems like not having all that lift stuff in the way would be a nice bonus too.
You could change the oil, exhaust, brakes & tires all in one shot with the lift...
Not so easy with just a pit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts