Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my new widebody in November. As some may remember my wife wanted a gray with black stripes.....an Eleanor of sorts. My requirements for stripes were to be wider and similar to the classic chevelles with pinstripes. I wanted them painted but wasn’t too keen on having a new car put in the shop. Well, after thinking it over at Thanksgiving I decided to put the car in the shop on 12/2. What was supposed to be a 2-3 week ordeal turned into just over 6 weeks (the shop closed over the holidays). At any rate after stopping by the shop a couple times and getting physically ill looking at my disassembled and scuffed up new car they got it back together. It finally stopped raining and I got to give her a bath.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,774 Posts
Looks awesome! Good things come to those forced to wait ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. The stripes are painted with 2016 Ford’s tuxedo black, but 3 times the pearl was added.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow, I always thought these were decals, didn't know they were actually painted in the car! nice job she looks fabulous

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,520 Posts
WOW!!!! Those turned out Great and look Spectacular especially when the sun hits them! (y)

·
Registered
2018 Billet Silver SRT 392
129 Posts
That looks beautiful! As you can see from the picture below, I'm a little biased. At the same time, I'm also jealous since mine are just the factory vinyl stripes.

I'm sure it was a long wait but, now that you've got it, I'm guessing it was well worth it. Enjoy!

saint 😇

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. I was unsure how the wider stripes would look, but I’m pleased. The pics don’t really show how slick it is.

·
Registered
13,956 Posts
Came out great, love that look!

Wow, I always thought these were decals, didn't know they were actually painted in the car! nice job she looks fabulous
From the factory they are not painted, they are vinyl decals . He had his specially painted and that's really the best way but vinyl is all the factory offers.

Here is my factory vinyl stripes,

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Billet Silver SRT 392
129 Posts
Boy, that's a nice-looking car, Slidd! 😉 I remember always drooling at your Avatar before I finally got mine.

saint 😇

1 - 20 of 33 Posts