Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
The shop did you proud. The car and stripes look great!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Came out great, love that look!

From the factory they are not painted, they are vinyl decals . He had his specially painted and that's really the best way but vinyl is all the factory offers.

Here is my factory vinyl stripes,

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Certainly nothing wrong w/that either! Am shopping stripes myself now that my 20 showed up.

Choices, choices...

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack WK
65 Posts
Looks great. Its subtle but awesome. I think subtle is better than overly flashy.

Im doing rally stripes on mine also. I'm planning to do a 1" inner red stripe, dual 5" black stripes and 1/2" stripes on the outside, so it will be black stripes with red outline. Below is an unfinished example with 4" black stripes. I used electrical tape and just did the hood. I got some better vinyl tape (real pinstripe tape) and am going to redo it the full length of the car: hood, roof, trunk.

20200117_134034.jpg
all white is just too plain for this car IMO. (Scat Pack)

Im planning to use vinyl first and if I like it enough I will paint it. Im thinking at that point I would do a full paint correction and fresh clear coat.

How long did it take for them to do your black stripes?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I was unsure of painting but figured I’d do it while new and before contaminants. I’m not gonna lie I was sick to see my new car with 600 miles all disassembled and sanded down. I still have to bring it back in a couple weeks for the final polishing.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Came out great, love that look!

From the factory they are not painted, they are vinyl decals . He had his specially painted and that's really the best way but vinyl is all the factory offers.

Here is my factory vinyl stripes,

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I had the same color/stripe combo on my '15 SRT392. I always got lots of compliments.
I also thought the pin stripes along the sides looked better than the plane stripes the Hellcats have/had available.
Not sure why they just didn't stripe them all the same way.

·
Registered
714 Posts
EleanorScat, the car looks great. (y)
The wider stripes go well with the widebody.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Real nice, ES. Quality work and it looks great.
Here’s my ‘16 with factory vinyl.
Although your painted stripes look better, I don’t think I can go that route. I am considering adding a single red stripe like this one. I really like the non-symmetric look.

Apologies to the owner. I’m pretty sure I got this picture from CT some time back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,861 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
983 Posts
Thanks, A Guy. No one can find stuff like you can!
Looks like I really liked that stripe back in 2018. Why haven’t I done anything about it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Real nice, ES. Quality work and it looks great.
Here’s my ‘16 with factory vinyl.
Although your painted stripes look better, I don’t think I can go that route. I am considering adding a single red stripe like this one. I really like the non-symmetric look.

I spent many a night trying to find a used srt granite and striped just like yours. It looks great. Only reason I didnt go that route in the end was......it was just too hard to pass the Power Dollars on a new especially when a used srt was only a small bit cheaper.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts