Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
IMG_2812.jpg

This one was taken when I went back to the track to pick the car up with my trailer. You can see all of the factory plastics got destroyed. Notice the driver side rail, and nitrous fuel supply still intact. I was amazed by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT
90 Posts
Subscribed! I know a little about "upgrade opportunities"!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I noticed you are in MD. What track did this happen at?
This happened at MIR the first and only track day of this 2020 season. It was a show for the ages that’s for sure.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Subscribed! I know a little about "upgrade opportunities"!
Yes you do my friend. I’ve followed along on some of the things you’ve done. I hope my attempt at a build is worthy. I’m still trying to figure this all out.

Reactions: Race888

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
649 Posts
The funny thing about the Incident. When it happened I was super calm. It reminded me of Afghanistan when they drop bombs around chow time. I literally turned off the car,got out, went to the trunk, turned off the nitrous flow from the bottle. Then thought I hope they get that out soon. I think that helped save a bunch of parts.
View attachment 992980
In case anyone was wondering that is what a blown plastic 5.7 intake looks like on the inside.

Lol I know what you are talking about in Afghanistan. Chow Time seemed to be the time they would hit us. FOB Pasab.

Mopar or No Car

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Well today I took 1 step forward and 3 steps backwards. Dropped the rotating assembly off to the machine shop. Was promised completion time of (next week), we shall see there. In the midst of talking with the machinist. He politely let me know I will need to line hone the block to use main studs. FML more unplanned spending here we go.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Glad to see you are making progress. (y) When it comes to N2O I have always had ni-trust issues with it.
ChallyTatum my man. I hear you with trust issues brother. Honestly I would run Spray again but it makes more sense long run to do a boosted application. The way I see it, pay more up front for life time of fun = Boost. Pay minimum now and continue to pay every time you want to play = Nitrous. I’m fortunate that the majority of this stuff I’m doing myself. So I can spend a little more on better parts.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
IMG_2938.jpg

So since factory main bolts are torque to yield, my choices were limited. Grabbed these at the Steeler-Ship for a fair price. Much to my surprise they were very competitive with internet pricing and I didn’t have to wait for shipping. Yah me

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This made me smile - as I'm sat reading this thread in Afghanistan while eating my chow :LOL:
Brother thank you for your service, and thank you for continuing the watch in my absence..... Please know your sacrifice is truly appreciated in my house -hold. I can honestly say I miss the mid-rats chow run, some of the best food I had while serving. If there is anything you need shoot me a pm. I've been where you are at, and I don't mind doing what I can to support.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
View attachment 993040
So since factory main bolts are torque to yield, my choices were limited. Grabbed these at the Steeler-Ship for a fair price. Much to my surprise they were very competitive with internet pricing and I didn’t have to wait for shipping. Yah me

Following... I will be moving my Whipple to a 6.4 soon. I Haven't decided how long I'll run the 5.7. Hitting the Dyno tomorrow for the WOT tuning on the 5.7. (Yes will be practicing COVID safety measures). Expecting close to 600 RW on my current config with 10lb of boost. That may appease me for a while.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks for the follow McCloud. I always appreciate your insight. I still need to get with you about those 3.73’s also. I’m sure you will be putting down some stank with that Whipple 5.7. I’m hopeful that I’m at least attempting to do this deal right.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Thanks for the follow McCloud. I always appreciate your insight. I still need to get with you about those 3.73’s also. I’m sure you will be putting down some stank with that Whipple 5.7. I’m hopeful that I’m at least attempting to do this deal right.

I got so into reading the post I realized I never commented on your up in flames moment. Glad you came out unscathed... New hood and some wiring with a nudge to build the 6.4 isn't so bad.. no rush on the gears.. And I'm sure you nail it on your new build... I think ChallyTatum has me sold on the smooth boost as long as tuning isn't a nightmare!!!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
If I were doing a Procharger I’d definitely go the route of smooth boost.

From what I’ve seen, it really is an awesome product. Those that can afford to get it will truly be impressed.

For my boost control I plan on using the TurboSmart Eboost2 controller. It too appears to be an amazing boost controller for turbo applications. Time will tell. I’m planning on keeping this threat up to date, as I get parts in and make progress. Thanks for the support.

Reactions: McCloud

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT Pitch Black Clear-coat
92 Posts
Luckily you lived man. Mad respect to that bagged 5.7 though. She survived at least, mostly.

Look forward to seeing this beauty when done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This made me smile - as I'm sat reading this thread in Afghanistan while eating my chow :LOL:
Brother thank you for your service, and thank you for continuing the watch in my absence..... Please know your sacrifice is truly appreciated in my house -hold. I can honestly say I miss the mid-rats chow run, some of the best food I had while serving. If there is anything you need shoot me a pm. I've been where you are at, and I don't mind doing what I can to support.
Well that makes 3 of us, though I am the guy who does the bomb dropping haha. Never made it to AFG though, I always end up operating in Iraq/Syria.

Thanks to both of you for your service.

21 - 40 of 264 Posts