Dodge Challenger Forum banner

421 - 440 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT
108 Posts
The rivets on the spoiler look great! I've not seen anything like it.

Reactions: DakBuilder

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
View attachment 1010768
So I was finally able to button up the rear of my car. Cosmetics aren’t part of this turbo build, but damn I love how it turned out. Let me know what you all think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks pretty freaken awesome! Nice job on the light converson, like the spoiler too.

Which brand rear defuser are you using?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Looks pretty freaken awesome! Nice job on the light converson, like the spoiler too.

Which brand rear defuser are you using?
It’s from a company called IKON Style on eBay. I did a search and found them. I can PM you the link if you want one also.

Reactions: McCloud

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
332 Posts
View attachment 1010768
So I was finally able to button up the rear of my car. Cosmetics aren’t part of this turbo build, but damn I love how it turned out. Let me know what you all think.

I want too preface this with - I think your car project is awesome and you’re clearly great at custom auto work and I think this was asked in another that, but, is the trunk open or did the trunk lid not line up 100%?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
I want too preface this with - I think your car project is awesome and you’re clearly great at custom auto work and I think this was asked in another that, but, is the trunk open or did the trunk lid not line up 100%?
The trunk is open, I don’t have the battery hooked up. I don’t like climbing in between the seats to open it up. You all have some great eyesight in here lol

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
332 Posts
The trunk is open, I don’t have the battery hooked up. I don’t like climbing in between the seats to open it up. You all have some great eyesight in here lol

Oh good. Your car looks so good I would hate for that one thing to mess the lines up.

And yes I have pretty good eyes sight. Better than 20/20. 1610256122368.png

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
IMG_3703.jpg

Soooo I finally got around to modifying the bracket for the oil scavenge pump. I still need to do some fine tuning but it fits much better.

IMG_3704.jpg

Test fitting the belt. I need to grab a few flat head 3/8-18 bolts so I can run this deal without interference. I did see that ATI makes a kit to work with the damper but of coarse nothing for a Mopar unit. I’ll call them up tomorrow to see what’s out there.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #429 (Edited)
Quick update.... For anyone out there who is interested in doing a build like this (with the Hellion kit) and plan on running an ATI balancer (of any size), in addition to modifying the mounting bracket as I did above, and the header flanges the kit comes with, you will also need to purchase a bolt kit P/N:ATI950211. This kit comes with 6-5/16 torques style bolts (keep as spares) and 3-3/8-16 torques style bolts. These are the flat bolts that are needed to go in place of the bolts that come with the Mopar kit. The thread count is identical, however they are a flush mount style bolt which is needed to clear the drive belt. This is the cheapest route we can go if you are running the oil scavenge pump that Hellion provides and an ATI balancer. I purchased my bolt kit from Summit Racing for $25 shipped. I'm sure there are other bolt manufacturers out there that you may be able to find these for cheaper, but I trust Summit to get me my parts quickly, and I also wanted to keep consitent parts on my build, as they are an ATI product line.I should have more updates with pictures once I get these in, and put the heads on the block..... I'm getting closer yet still so far away.

Reactions: gerv and A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,400 Posts
More than you wanted to know I'm sure. Good on ya for finding out...and for sharing to save someone else the trouble ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very cool build. Goes to show how long it takes to do something this ambitious.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
Yeah it certainly can take a long time. I'm approaching a year..... I have to admit I have been a bit lazzy lately due to the cold weather, and lack of funds. There are many reason I could quit, but I'm so close I can smell the rubber and clutch heating up.... Then again I'm still about 5K away for everything I want done. Decisions decisions....More to come.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Just read through most of this as I'm getting ideas for what I want to do to my own car. I'm thoroughly impressed by the amount of work you've done yourself here, it's truly amazing. Really, really interested to see what kind of power you put down with your new motor and turbo setup, even more interested to hear about its street manners and how it is to drive.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
Thanks for giving it a read I appreciate that. I should be getting the injectors and boost controller by March. Then I can start dialing everything in. Once I have the basic combination dialed then I can figure out what gears work best in the rear. I don’t think there will be any problems with street manners. At least I hope there won’t be.

Reactions: Spartan040

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
IMG_3716.jpg

Here are the two different bolts I purchased to make this deal work for me.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #436 (Edited)
IMG_3717.jpg

Here is the installation of the ATI part numbered bolt. It barely clears but it does clear. So I can continue on with getting this deal finished up. I would have liked a better fit on these bolts. I may have to put a slight chamfer in the balancer to make this fit the way I want it too.

Reactions: Race888

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #437 (Edited)
Update, I'm still not entirely happy with the fitment of the belt drive..... I've found out through research, and a friends locally who have a similar setup ((except all out race build), that the ATI balancer for Gen III Hemi applications uses a 3.200" bolt circle for the 3 3/8-16 bolts that I needed to replace..... Some may be wondering why this is important...... Through this research and a bit of luck, it turns out that the any mandrel setup for a Big Block Chevy (BBC), can be used in conjunction with a Mopar ATI balancer. So to sum all of this up, I'm going with either a Peterson or the Motion Raceworks mandrel, which also uses the BBC 3.200" bolt pattern. This move will allow me to get rid of the illfitting HTD cog drive & longer bolt combination the Hellion kit came with. Once I order the parts, I'll place pictures here. Here is the link to what I know works and what I'm planning to get to solve this problem Spline Drive - Spline Drive Kits - Peterson Fluid Systems. Part # 06-4112 . Here is the Motion Raceworks link as well; Motion Raceworks 18 tooth HTD Low Pro Mandrel Coyote / FBody LS ATI Balancer (this one I'm unsure of fitment, but it looks to potentially work). Again I hope this information serves someone else well. Thanks for sticking around if you're still paying attention.... I'm working hard to get this deal complete.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,400 Posts
Good luck, I for one dig cool auto parts pics ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #439
IMG_3732.jpg

So I finally made time to finish up the log manifolds.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
IMG_3731.jpg

Welds aren’t the best. I have a lot to learn when it comes to Tig Welding. The machine I have isn’t the best either but it’s what I have to learn with. The manifolds fit perfectly and the gasket matched port look amazing. Everything lined up with ease. I hope this thing makes power after all of this work I’ve put in. Time will tell more to come thanks for following along.

421 - 440 of 459 Posts