Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

501 - 519 of 519 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
IMG_3958.jpg

Took a few steps forward today. Made some time to fix the brake line rubbing issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
IMG_3948.jpg

Got these in from Fore, so I decided to install them. Not a bad job but attention needs to be paid, like anything else. I dropped the fuel supply block off in the tank. It was easily located as I have next to no fuel in the car.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
IMG_3954.jpg

Here is what the factory fuel pressure regulator uses. I’m not sure how this thing works but the Fore block off unit looks to be made similarly but it isn’t hollow. Side bar. If I had to do this over again I would not purchase the Fore fuel block off. The same thing can be accomplished using a rubber vacuum cap IMO. One lives and learns. At this point it’s only money.

Reactions: motorheadmike

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #504
IMG_3951.jpg

Finally out with the old Walborrow 450

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #505 (Edited)
IMG_3955.jpg

In with the FOre Innovations Billet Hat, with dual Walblorrow 525 Hellcat Pumps. I opted for a -8 90* feed fitting & a -6 90* return fitting. I’m running -8 PTFE feed and -6 PTFE return. I’m setting the car up to be able to run E85 even though I have no intentions on using the stuff. I feel like at this point just spend money once and be able to go in any direction. What are you all’s thoughts.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #506 (Edited)
Last thing no picture for this one. I have not yet run the fuel lines, as I still need to order the Fore Billet 88mm filter for this setup. I also need to install the FC 2 controller and wiring, which I’ll get pictures of. I need to make sure I wire that correctly as it is the brain of the entire system.

Reactions: moparnoother

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
IMG_3960.jpg

Most of the parts to make the oil return lines came in today. I got this first one made up out of shear excitement. Fragola performance Systems made the -10An to -8 line adapter and it works perfectly. Fragola makes High Quality parts and I will use them again.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
IMG_3961.jpg

Here is what it looks like installed. Now I have 3 more to make and I’m done.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
IMG_3962.jpg

Made a little more progress

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #510 (Edited)
IMG_3964.jpg

Got the hot side worked out.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #511 (Edited)
IMG_3966.jpg

Here’s a shot of the 72’s in their location. The filter won’t work so I’m getting turbo guards and heat blankets as well.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #513 (Edited)
o_O Twin turbos revealed in this pic. Can't wait to see/hear this one run. (y)
What is your target 1/4-mile ET?
My target 1/4 mile time is “Fast”. I have no idea what it will do. If it goes faster than 11.79 @ 119, that’s a win. I do have a goal in mind but won’t say it. These things have a way of never working out the way we think so with that in mind. I want 20-25 psi of boost and a solid A to B pass faster than 11.79.

·
Registered
19 Challenger R/T Destroyer Gray
153 Posts
I think you're looking at eights or nines. 😎
If I wasn't clear across the country I'd come out to the track. (y)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
I think you're looking at eights or nines.
If I wasn't clear across the country I'd come out to the track. (y)
Wow thanks for that comment. I appreciate that sincerely. I will admit that your guess is spot on. But I’ll never say it out loud. I will however report back in this thread once I have everything dialed in, and I make some passes.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #516 (Edited)
IMG_3974.jpg

So the correct TurboSmart EBoost2 gauge came in. I had to modify the gauge pod to make it fit. The 60mm unit is way smaller and easier to deal with. Fits nicely in the pod with slight dremel work. Be sure to use low and slow technique. Once I get the second Mac valve in I’ll be able to control both waisted gates with this one unit. I will also be able to actuate a shift light from this deal as well. It’s a very trick device, glad I splurged on this deal.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #517
IMG_3977.jpg

I got the final fitting I needed to finish up the plumbing for the oil supply/return setup for the build.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #518 (Edited)
IMG_3979.jpg

So then I decided to put the rad back in the car. Turns out I had to swap from the single fan setup the 5.7 came with, to the dual fam setup from a 6.4. I also had to modify the fan shroud to get allow room for everything to fit. It’s super tight and there may be a little self clearancing but I think it will be fine in the end.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #519 (Edited)
Lastly I’m waiting for the Stainless ferrels from Vibrant Performance to get here so I can modify the cold side to not have any silicone coupler connections. I’m attempting to minimize boost leaks where possible. If my plan works out I’ll have 3 silicone connections as opposed to 7.

501 - 519 of 519 Posts