Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

541 - 560 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #541 ·
IMG_4060.jpg

Welds are getting better as I learn the correct settings and positioning. Still terrible but much better than earlier in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: moparnoother

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #542 ·
IMG_4058.jpg

Here is the drivers side finished up

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #544 ·
64160932050__BF49C720-E8D4-4624-8BEA-45BA8C044956.jpg

Here’s the charge side piping. Let’s just say I had to use the grinder a lot. Then I figured the settings out and it got much better. I’m super stoked that I’m learning a new skill with this project.

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,207 Posts
You think the throttle body will get you 40? I hope it does but im skeptical, I know of a guy with the maggie who only gained 6whp with a 92mm and a ported snout to match. Those fuel trims look amazing
I'm with you, it seems very optimistic, but I have been looking for dyno results, Google, YouTube, etc.. and that seems to be right around the average. I guess time will tell. I'm thinking the 6.4 build will benefit from it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,207 Posts
View attachment 1021241
Here’s the charge side piping. Let’s just say I had to use the grinder a lot. Then I figured the settings out and it got much better. I’m super stoked that I’m learning a new skill with this project.

Building the skills is really half the fun/reward of going DIY IMHO... It's all looking good..

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #547 ·
IMG_4066.jpg

Finally got everything in for this setup. I went with a custom Blue LED which will be triggered by the Eboost2 as a shift light at my desired shift RPM, the Eboost2 as my boost controller hook up using 2 Mac valves, vacuum line 2 45mm TurboSmart Waist Gates, with boost reference block fed off the back of the manifold. Gates are also directly tied in to boost coming off the charge side of the snails. This is the way Turbo Smart Recomends for the Eboost2 to control all the boost I want. Gate pressure is 4psi. Target will be 20-25 in 3rd and 4th. 10-15 psi in first and second. Also using PLX Devices for AFR readings. Hopefully at the end of the day. I’ll be able to say I built a single digit capable daily sorta.

Reactions: A Guy and McCloud

·
Registered
390 Posts
View attachment 1021241

Constuctive criticism. When TIG welding, pre-weld prep can take longer than the actual arc time it takes to weld the joint. Before you weld, grind the surfaces with a flapper wheel (sandpaper) to shiny metal, and degrease with a solvent before welding.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #549 ·
Thanks kindly sir. I did degrease using acetone. But I did not grind the surface with a flapper. Next go round, I’ll be sure to do so.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got my TIG a few weeks back. It took a bit (7 days at an hour a day) to go from "total clumpy birdsh*t" on mild steel to "I've paid for worse" on aluminum.

Practice a lot on things you don't need, before working on things that matter.

Really looking forward to seeing this done and running.
PXL_20210418_211415466.jpg
PXL_20210424_011227701.jpg
PXL_20210426_144420683.jpg

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #551 ·
Thats nice work there. I’m a bit of a knuckle head and just jumped in the deep end. I’m starting to like tigging a lot though. I find myself determined to get better at it. As for the car. I pick up the Getrag with 3.55’s in it next Friday. This Friday I’m grabbing a surprise for future projects. I tried to finish up the fuel line but I mistakenly ordered normal 8An line not PTFE. Once I get the correct hose in, I’ll finish that up. Then it’s just last minute stuff to wrap up. Like boost control plumbing and wiring for everything.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,842 Posts
Finally got everything in for this setup. I went with a custom Blue LED which will be triggered by the Eboost2 as a shift light at my desired shift RPM, the Eboost2 as my boost controller hook up using 2 Mac valves, vacuum line 2 45mm TurboSmart Waist Gates, with boost reference block fed off the back of the manifold. Gates are also directly tied in to boost coming off the charge side of the snails. This is the way Turbo Smart Recomends for the Eboost2 to control all the boost I want. Gate pressure is 4psi. Target will be 20-25 in 3rd and 4th. 10-15 psi in first and second. Also using PLX Devices for AFR readings. Hopefully at the end of the day. I’ll be able to say I built a single digit capable daily sorta.

I don't know what you said, but it sure sounds cool ;)

A Guy

Reactions: DakBuilder

·
Registered
2019 Widebody challenger Scatpack P1x procharged fastest pass 9.93 @in 139mph
21 Posts
I can’t wait for this thing to hit the track again and all of us from Maryland start putting serious numbers on the board 💪

Reactions: DakBuilder

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #554 ·
I can’t wait for this thing to hit the track again and all of us from Maryland start putting serious numbers on the board 💪
Thanks bro, you already know, how much I respect the build you have. I'm just hoping this deal can meet the expectation, I've set. Eventually We will all be there together having fun and taking names at the track..... I just need to be patient, and stop you from spending all of my money :)

Reactions: moparmike610

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #555 ·
IMG_4099.jpg

So it’s been a little while since I had time to work on the car. Kids Sporting seasons are ramping up and I’m coach 3 football team. That being said I powered through getting some thing worked out. Finally mounted the FC2 controller from Fore Industries.

Reactions: motorheadmike

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #556 ·
IMG_4100.jpg

Here is the finished product. I didn’t want to cut any of the provided wiring yet in case I have to relocate anything. That said both pumps are wired. All that is left to do is make a small jumper for the feed to the bulk head connection in the trunk, then connect the three wires to the factory main harness. Things are moving along here still just a little slower than I’d like.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #558 ·
Thanks man I truly appreciate that compliment, it means a lot. I’ve put a lot of myself into this build. I just hope it works out as planned.

Reactions: Robs1320

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #559 · (Edited)
IMG_4103.jpg

So this is how I ended up running my fuel lines. Used a Bulkhead connection so I didn’t have to space out the tank. It’s unconventional but should work fine for me.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #560 ·
IMG_4104.jpg

Both pumps wired up, and ready to go. Just need to add fluids now and we should be ready to fire her up.

541 - 560 of 597 Posts