Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

561 - 580 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #561 ·
IMG_4105.jpg

So these works of art finally got here this week. I’m dropping them off to my professional welder this weekend to get some -10An buns welded in. Also going to tidy up the fuel pump wiring. My new 3.55 Getrag is on its way to me so that’s exciting as well. If all goes well and the wife doesn’t task me with anything I don’t want to do. I’ll start on my 3.73 Getrag gear install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,434 Posts
You plan on running any baffling on the inside? Only reason I ask is I have the A2speed aluminum covers and they come with baffling and a provision for a built in oil separator on the passenger side and a fresh air port (forgot the thread size) on the driver side.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #563 ·
I wasn’t planning on it. These don’t appear to have any baffling that I saw. I’m just opening them up to help with crank case ventilation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wasn’t planning on it. These don’t appear to have any baffling that I saw. I’m just opening them up to help with crank case ventilation.

I strongly recommend running them into a sealed catch can that has valves for manifold vacuum and pre-compressor vacuum. Venting to atmosphere isn't ideal.

Reactions: DakBuilder

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
These are getting vented into a Mighty Mouse
Catch can. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,207 Posts
2 weeks... No updates.. Curiosity is building...How's the progress?

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,207 Posts
Hey DB, I thought you may be interrested in this. Seems like a nice upgrade for the Getrag.

2013 SRT8 Getrag w/ Broken Springs & Weird Clutch Stack

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ummm I’m going to pass on buying your nitrous setup 🤣🤣🤣 glad you are ok! I’ll be reading this thread for the next couple of days!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·
IMG_4113.jpg

Here you go MCloud got the Holley Valve Covers modified. And installed.

Reactions: McCloud

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #570 · (Edited)
IMG_4131.jpg

Here’s the Passenger side this was a pita. I had to switch to different hardware then what Holley provides. The cap hex screws were too difficult to deal with.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #571 ·
IMG_4195.jpg

All of the lubricants for the engine and diff arrived yesterday.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #572 ·
IMG_4197.jpg

Got that Amsoil breakin oil for first start

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 · (Edited)
IMG_4198.jpg

Also picked up that severe duty diff fluid for the 3.73’s I got from McCloud.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #574 ·
I’m at the point now where I just have to install the wiring, diff, and purchase a new driveshaft(which will wait for a minute). Then I can attempt a first start and tuning.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
Ummm I’m going to pass on buying your nitrous setup glad you are ok! I’ll be reading this thread for the next couple of days!
Buy my nitrous setup I’ll make you a great deal. I need money to finish this up I keep getting side tracked buying new engines
IMG_4121.jpg

I also picked up another BGE block during this time.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #576 ·
Hey DB, I thought you may be interrested in this. Seems like a nice upgrade for the Getrag.

2013 SRT8 Getrag w/ Broken Springs & Weird Clutch Stack

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
I saw that thread McCloud and I have the updated clutches in my 3.55 gear setup. I also have a set for the 3.73’s I’m going to use I got from you. I will buy two more sets for the 3.92’s I have and the 4.29’s that are in the car now. This is a very good mod for those of us with Getrags no matter what gears you have.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Buy my nitrous setup I’ll make you a great deal. I need money to finish this up I keep getting side tracked buying new engines View attachment 1024156
I also picked up another BGE block during this time.

I found a killer deal on a 6.4 so I was going to go ahead and get it now instead of next season... It was gone by the time I went to let my wife know... Sounds like you are finding deals all the time.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #578 ·
I found a killer deal on a 6.4 so I was going to go ahead and get it now instead of next season... It was gone by the time I went to let my wife know... Sounds like you are finding deals all the time.
I’m done looking for them now. I just need to finish this thing up. Eventually one of the 2 BGE’s will be put in place of this 6.4. I’ll swap this one into my 63 Dart with a single GT45. It’s mostly for cruise ins with the wife and kids.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,465 Posts
That's a good sign that you have the break-in oil inside there. That means Good things are coming! :)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #580 ·
Yes sir

561 - 580 of 597 Posts