Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Luckily you lived man. Mad respect to that bagged 5.7 though. She survived at least, mostly.

Look forward to seeing this beauty when done.
Thx for checking out my build. Believe it or not this car is not bagged. It’s riding in H&r Drop springs. Part of the rebuild will include some version of Coil Overs though. I’ll need the tune-ability this go round with the power I hope to make. I want to at least try to save the Getrag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
IMG_2939.jpg

These aren’t engine parts. But perhaps they are better. Here are my carbide bits so I can begin the port work on my Apache heads. Hopefully I’ll have something to post up tonight. I’m supper excited to finally see these arrived.

Reactions: Race888

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
IMG_2940.jpg

So this bit is seriously legit. Just trying to gasket match here and smooth the radius. Hopefully this will flow a little better. If I mess these up more money down the drain but a lesson worth learning.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
IMG_2941.jpg

2 ports down 14 to go. Right now I’m on the intake side. I’ve read that the most gains can be had on the Exhaust side of the house. I’m going to find out for sure.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
IMG_2942.jpg

These are the last two ports on the drivers side Intake. I wanted to post up to show the contrast. Side note this is a lot harder than I thought it would be for sure.

Reactions: AeroF16

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
IMG_2943.jpg

Intake side complete. Exhaust side left on this one then I get to do it again on the other head. Yeah me.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT
89 Posts
Looking really nice Dak!!!

Are you going to smooth those out with something after this or are you pretty much done when you complete the other head?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
I will have them hot tanked. Just to ensure there are no little aluminum pieces left over but once the exhaust Is done and the other head is done, I’m done. I don’t really think there is any benefit to going threw the polishing process other than the bling effect. I’m running boost so the air will be forced in as opposed to gliding in if that makes since. With that said, I did use sand disk to get the surface as smooth as possible.

·
Registered
516 Posts
While I'll continue to enjoy this thread & build (glad you walked away unscathed!) just wanted to say congratulations on the 'best avatar, ever!' award. Which I just awarded you.

Keep us posted when ya can!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Are you going with a drop in piston or are you going with a entirely new balanced rotating assembly?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
I’m going with a complete balanced rotating assembly. Pistons are DSS Racing 4032 forged units, and Rods are Manley stock stroke forged units. I will keep the stock forged crank.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So, I've never ported and polish heads myself but I think the polishing part is pretty important. I could be completely wrong about this though and I'm a few beers deep, reaching way back to my engineering college courses.

If the surface is rough, if will cause the air to spoil or tumble, which will cause a localized increase in pressure.

If you want to increase the velocity of the air, you go from high pressure to low pressure. The bigger the differential, the faster the air moves.

So, if you're going boosted, with super high pressure entering the heads, maybe it doesn't matter as much. But the higher the pressure delta between intake (high pressure) and combustion chamber (low pressure), the better.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
So yesterday was a really good day. After running around doing a few odd jobs, I came home to main & cam bearings. Super stoked now I have a lot of the hard parts purchased. Just need the machine shop to get on the move.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
IMG_2953.jpg

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
IMG_2954.jpg

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
IMG_2950.jpg

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
IMG_2949.jpg

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited by Moderator)
IMG_2952.jpg

Lastly a comparison between the stock untouched head in this picture and what I attempted to do.

IMG_2943.jpg

Gasket matched head.

41 - 60 of 225 Posts