Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

581 - 598 of 598 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #582 · (Edited)
IMG_4211.jpg

Finally installed the drivers side Holley Valve over. Just need to get special -10An To -8An line from Fragola like on the oil system and then it can get plumbed to the second catch can. We are inching closer Gents for those that are still on the journey with me thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #583 ·
IMG_4212.jpg

Passenger side has been done but wanted to post up also

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #584 ·
IMG_4220.jpg

What you see here is a burnt factory 5.7 6Spd wiring harness. You also see a 6.4 wiring harness out of a charger of the same year. Whoever said “if you want to go fast you need either lots of time or lots of money” was absolutely correct. I’m quickly running out of money so 4hrs into this endeavor and I have the TB connection, fuel injectors for #1&3 and Coil connections for 1&3. This is going to be so much fun.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #585 ·
IMG_4222.jpg

Had my boy take a picture of the process. This was one of the 6 TB wires that needed to be repaired. Side bar, don’t tell the wife I’m working at our kitchen table. I suspect I won’t be finishing the project if she finds out. More to come guys.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,842 Posts
You must have a patient wife as well, since you are working on her dining room table looks like ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
357 Posts
I’m done looking for them now. I just need to finish this thing up. Eventually one of the 2 BGE’s will be put in place of this 6.4. I’ll swap this one into my 63 Dart with a single GT45. It’s mostly for cruise ins with the wife and kids.

That sounds like a sweet upgrade for your Dart. You need to post that up when you do it.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #590 ·
That sounds like a sweet upgrade for your Dart. You need to post that up when you do it.
I’ll do a build thread on the Dart once I get started on it. But I’m not sure if anyone in here would want to see that. I really can’t wait to get on My Dakota though.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
357 Posts
What’s you plan for the Dak? Those are my favorite trucks. Used to have one.

I have a Ram right now for the utility but do plan to get a Dak in the next few years for my “driving in the woods” truck. The V8 4x4 models are getting harder to find at a reasonable price. I’ve been considering keeping the engine from my Ram (5.9 Cummins Turbo 12v) and dropping it in a Dakota. That would be one hell of a project.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #592 ·
What’s you plan for the Dak? Those are my favorite trucks. Used to have one.

I have a Ram right now for the utility but do plan to get a Dak in the next few years for my “driving in the woods” truck. The V8 4x4 models are getting harder to find at a reasonable price. I’ve been considering keeping the engine from my Ram (5.9 Cummins Turbo 12v) and dropping it in a Dakota. That would be one hell of a project.
Plans for my Dak are an all out 7 Sec capable drag truck. It I have a Dana 60 with 3.73 gears and 4.30 gears. It will be mated to a GForce 5R5 clutchless 5spd manual trans. One of the BGE blocks will be built into a 411 attached to Twin 80mm turbos and Thitek heads. I’m planning on getting the block and heads too fuel hooped so I can run 30-35 psi of boost. Billet I-Beam based rods and Custom Diamond brand pistons. Basically all of my kids College money type of build.

Reactions: GoFastBrakeHard

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #593 ·
Quick update. No pictures, but I completely finished fixing my factory wiring harness with the donor harness I grabbed from a Charger that got wrecked (it was also a donor of a 6.4 I bought a while back). Now I’m in the process of installing the wiring and changing my fuel lines yet again. I’m going to move to a -10An feed and -8An return instead of the -8An Feed and -6AN return I currently have ran. I’m also going to take the time to eliminate the bulkhead connections and go straight to the pump. I feel this is a better setup as it will eliminate a potential leak point. For now I’m going to use the standard hoses I have here and move to PTFE later on. I’m not planning on using E85 so it’s not a big deal at the moment. More to come.

Reactions: GoFastBrakeHard

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #595 ·
Been thinking through the compression ratio I want to go with it. Did you land on the traditional boost ratio of 9.5:1?
No sir. I went 10.5:1. With today’s tuning and good fuel you don’t have to go the traditional route anymore. For the Big Boost build. I’ll go 9.5:1 though. Or possibly 10.0:1.

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,207 Posts
No sir. I went 10.5:1. With today’s tuning and good fuel you don’t have to go the traditional route anymore. For the Big Boost build. I’ll go 9.5:1 though. Or possibly 10.0:1.

Thanks.. I'm of the same line of thinking.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #598 ·
Do you stash parts in the oven and pantry too?
Nope I like life. My Wife Puerto Rican. She not having that nonsense at all. A man has to know his limitations. I stop at soldering on the kitchen table.

581 - 598 of 598 Posts