Dodge Challenger Forum banner
601 - 620 of 666 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #601 ·
IMG_4248.jpg

Here is what you want the 3 bar MAP to look like after you file down that 3rd ridge. I used hand files and patience. I’m sure it can be done differently but I’m not trying to buy parts twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,248 Posts
View attachment 1024867
Here is what you want the 3 bar MAP to look like after you file down that 3rd ridge. I used hand files and patience. I’m sure it can be done differently but I’m not trying to buy parts twice.

Yep had to do just that for the Maggie. They include the identical 2 bar MAP from the P/T turbos. I just used a razor blade and shaved it down with that. Excited to see this thing run, I'm getting my internals ready and will be running the same pistons as you

Reactions: DakBuilder

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
Yep had to do just that for the Maggie. They include the identical 2 bar MAP from the P/T turbos. I just used a razor blade and shaved it down with that. Excited to see this thing run, I'm getting my internals ready and will be running the same pistons as you
Nice at least one person has benefited from this build. Keep me posted on your progress.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pay close attention to the details in the last 10%. Be sure to test the fuel system for leaks before connecting the ignition and cranking it over. Great work.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 ·
Yes indeed. I’m not even going to hook the fuel pumps up to power while cranking/Priming the motor. After it’s primed well I plan to check everything for leaks. Have to agree that’s very sound advice for anyone doing something like this on their own. This one isn’t my first, but it’s my most expensive by far.

Reactions: motorheadmike

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,255 Posts
Nice at least one person has benefited from this build. Keep me posted on your progress.

You have some great info in here.. You will save people a lot of headaches through your lessons learned in the process.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,527 Posts
View attachment 1024867

Might have been able to use a Dremel and a light touch too. I like that you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

A little change of subject here and might be a little strange but that's a Nice looking floor you have there too. I like the color and tone of it. Is that bamboo?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #609 ·
Might have been able to use a Dremel and a light touch too. I like that you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

A little change of subject here and might be a little strange but that's a Nice looking floor you have there too. I like the color and tone of it. Is that bamboo?
Thank you Freddy. Not Bamboo that’s Cherry wood. I don’t think my hobbies allow for me to afford Bamboo

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,527 Posts
Thank you Freddy. Not Bamboo that’s Cherry wood. I don’t think my hobbies allow for me to afford Bamboo

You're Welcome! Your cherry flooring is Really Nice too though. My wood observation skills must need sharpening. :)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #611 ·
IMG_4265.jpg

Got the New Fore Innovations -10An feed and -8An return fittings in.

Reactions: Race888

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #612 · (Edited)
IMG_4266.jpg

I also waisted no time installing them into the hat. Now we will be running -10An feed and -8An return line (Most if you probably already do it this way but I’m stubborn). Once my adapter for the rail gets here I’ll be ready to run fuel line again for the second time. I took the PTFE line out as the inner diameter isn’t enough for the power I intend to make. That said in the future I may consider going back to it. But I’m really not interested in running E85. Just wanted to be capable of doing if needed. Since we have very few E stations around here it’s not worth the extra effort IMO. But like I said before I’m stubborn.

Reactions: gerv and FreddyG

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #614 ·

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #615 ·
IMG_4267.jpg

This little missing piece of the puzzle arrived today. I’m sooooooo excited now.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #616 · (Edited)
IMG_4268.jpg

Here it is in its natural habitat connected to a Fore Innovations fuel rail. It now can spend the rest of its life providing Deatchwerks 1500cc injectors all of the 116 fuel they will even need in life. Things just got real for me today guys. Those of you along for this ride still I can’t thank you enough. Those of you who drop in from time to time. Hopefully I’ve entertained you all a little.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,703 Posts
Oh man, you ordered an out of focus one :D

A Guy

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #618 ·
Oh man, you ordered an out of focus one :D

A Guy
Damn it you’re right on that first pick but the second one should fix that. The best part about this one is the Inner diameter is perfect. It’s all -10An inner diameter with a -8ORB side to connect to my rails. It’s a really nice piece surprisingly.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,703 Posts
I love the look of custom car parts. Like PC parts, there is just something about well made components! You have some good looking stuff there ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #620 ·
I love the look of custom car parts. Like PC parts, there is just something about well made components! You have some good looking stuff there ;)

A Guy
Thank you sir. I put in a lot of for thought. Not that it always pans out. But no one can say I took short cuts on this one.

Reactions: motorheadmike
601 - 620 of 666 Posts