Dodge Challenger Forum banner
801 - 820 of 840 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #801 ·
I appreciate that. I’m just frustrated that this deal ran into the issues I’m dealing with. That said if it was easy everyone would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #803 ·
Wood Automotive tire Auto part Gas Metal

So I got the Crank out , and checked the bearings. The mains look great.

Reactions: Moparrebel

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #804 ·
Block side. There is hardly any wear pattern. New bearings have been ordered just in case they were needed.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #805 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Black Tire

Reactions: Moparrebel

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #806 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Engineering Gas

I strongly suggest getting the correct tool to remove an ATI balancer. Using a 3 Jaw puller can mess the balancer up. Just some friendly advice.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #807 · (Edited)
Quick update, I received the Fore Innovations Fl1 fuel Pressure regulator that I should've ordered from the beginning of this project. I also received the Hellcat Oil Pump that I should've used from the beginning. The bearing I ordered (main & rod) were not designed for the power I'm trying to make, so I sent them back and reordered more suitable units. Got my light weight trans cross member in (shaves 2 ibs). I also installed the light weight crash bar (shaves 19 ibs). Lastly the engine hone I ordered showed up so I no longer have to borrow one from my buddy down the street. I'll post up pics here soon.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,784 Posts
Looks like you are running the 5.7 engine mounts...no issues with long tube header clearance? With my headers I had to grind down the studs so they would not hit the primaries.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #809 ·
Looks like you are running the 5.7 engine mounts...no issues with long tube header clearance? With my headers I had to grind down the studs so they would not hit the primaries.
View attachment 1040393
No issues but I’m not running long tube headers. I have the headers that Hellion provided with the kit.

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #810 ·
Automotive tire Tread Tire Bicycle part Engineering

The cam looks like it did when I installed (which is a good thing with only 25 minutes of run time).

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #811 ·
Automotive tire Rim Machine tool Vehicle brake Gas

Can bearings in the block are perfect also.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #812 ·
Light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I’ve made some time to get one of the AAD upper control arms on (they are super sexy)

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #813 ·
Coil Automotive tire Bicycle part Coil spring Plumbing valve

I also swapped the Lakewood 90/10’s onto my H&R lowering spring. Once I finish grinding the passenger side lower control arm down the drag suspension for the front will be completed.

Reactions: gerv and Moparrebel

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #815 ·
Gets bigger & badder every time I check (y)
Thanks Rob I appreciate that complement. Hopefully here soon it will go back together.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow. I just joined this site to look into forced induction options for my 392 Challenger. I’ve spent hours reading through this build. It’s like an emotional roller coaster! Keep at it man. Cannot wait to see videos of it ripping down the strip!!
`Tyler

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #817 ·
Wow. I just joined this site to look into forced induction options for my 392 Challenger. I’ve spent hours reading through this build. It’s like an emotional roller coaster! Keep at it man. Cannot wait to see videos of it ripping down the strip!!
`Tyler
Thanks Tyler. This year things will be much better. Just waiting on the new engine bearings to show up then it’s game on.

Reactions: Infidelgunner

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #818 ·
Update I was able to pick up a spare TR6060 this weekend, so now that I have it. I can send mine out to Liberty to get 1-4 faceplates and 5/6/R Carbon-Hybrid syncro’s. I’m also going to get the Billet steel input shaft that Liberty makes as an upgrade for these 6060’s. Things should go well this year hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk View attachment 1040621

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #820 ·
Love you to death @DakBuilder but you should have just bought an auto HC and run 9s like me.
You’re an absolute mess bro. I’ll see you here real soon.

801 - 820 of 840 Posts