Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
73 days from order to delivery. I went to pick it up yesterday. Salesman takes me to a second lot. He tells me the underbody looks to be in great condition and there are no flaws with the body. He walks up to the car and says, "Here it is." I walk up to the window sticker. It says "Especially built for TRDNiteLife." My heart sinks. The only response I can muster, "It's the wrong color... This is F8 Green."

Within a couple hours the dealer informs me they ordered the correct Sublime paint. They go on to blame the mistake on the factory. Now I'm in hurry up and wait mode to hear a response from their Chrysler rep.

EDIT: 06/03/19 UPDATE: After considering the options, I decided to re-order the same car. I also negotiated an additional $1,000 off.

Let the wait continue...:frown:

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Wow, what a screw up! I would be pi$$ed for sure.

Hopefully they can get you what you ordered soon.

·
Registered
15,851 Posts
Dang sorry about that!

Did dealer give you a POC when you ordered?

It's really the only way to be sure they ordered everything as you wish.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,851 Posts
It was the first thing I went back to check.
Now that is unusual.

Guess see what the regional manager has to say, unless dealer got notice from him but didn't notify you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that is unusual.

Guess see what the regional manager has to say, unless dealer got notice from him but didn't notify you.

They offered four options.

1. Discount to take the car as-is.
2. Re-order.
3. Try to find similarly optioned vehicle at another dealer.
4. Refund of deposit.

I'm pursuing option #3 at the moment. I've given them the ok to look at a few other paint colors as well.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody - Triple Nickel
45 Posts
It was the first thing I went back to check.

Looking at your POC the color you ordered has the PFB sales code so if the "F8" green sales code is PF8 then someone on the factory side could have misread the order. Easy mistake to make but one that should never happen.

I would be interested to see what FCA has to say....and if they offer up anything.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking at your POC the color you ordered has the PFB sales code so if the "F8" green sales code is PF8 then someone on the factory side could have misread the order. Easy mistake to make but one that should never happen.

I would be interested to see what FCA has to say....and if they offer up anything.
F8 code is PFQ.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
F8 looks amazing on the Widebody! Just saying.... :)

Sorry about the massive blunder! :(

Reactions: GreeninTN

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
They offered four options.

1. Discount to take the car as-is.
2. Re-order.
3. Try to find similarly optioned vehicle at another dealer.
4. Refund of deposit.

I'm pursuing option #3 at the moment. I've given them the ok to look at a few other paint colors as well.

Do you not like F8 or was the discount not enough?

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
284 Posts
Sorry to hear! I'd stick w/ your orig color and not settle for something else. Only reason I clicked on this "Sublime Scat Pack Widebody" thread was to hopefully see a pic. That combo is going to be rare.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Oh man, how very frustrating.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Man it's hard enough just to find a scat that has everything you want and falls in a decent price range depending on what you are looking for. That's a hard pill to swallow on a factory order. Mistakes happen, but that really sucks. Hope option 3 works out for you.

·
Registered
15,851 Posts
The Widebody does look good in Sublime!

Reactions: 762x51

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Sublime is a fantastic hi-impact color! It was my second color choice.

F8...uh...that army green is not going to age well, I don't like that color, but I also do not care for the octane red either, that darker red, but I see a lot of people like it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Love the sublime and painted my '72 road runner that color in '96, that being said I am looking for a F8 1320 or even stripped Hellcat. Good luck with your search for another, pretty rare mistake on FCA's part, wonder if it has the sublime paint code on the tag on the car, that will confuse people in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The dealer made their discount offer. I'm having a hard time saying no. An F8 with dual black stripes looks pretty good...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts