Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought my first "brand new" car. Traded in my 2015 SXT for a 2020 Scat Pack Widebody. Haven't had time to break it in tonight. Any advice from other owners of this model? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide body A8 in Go Mango
137 Posts
Congrats, I just did the same thing. Upgraded from a 2012. Picked up my 2020 Scat WB on Monday. Just follow the break in period listed in the manual. It’s on page 153 of the PDF you can download.

Reactions: DTX753

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Congrats (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Put a GOOD protective layer on the paint. Seems like every time I get a new car, the wife puts rock chips in the paint in the first few days.

In fact, depending on where you live, I might opt for a 3M clear vinyl hood and bumper cover.

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
562 Posts
Maybe look into ceramic coating the whole car?

I have yet to find somebody that's done that and not really like the outcome of it.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
536 Posts
1. She looks beautiful
2. Follow recommended break in period
3. Take off the banana peel

·
Registered
116 Posts
As stated, follow the break in procedure in the manual. Also agree with the shipping protector. I had the dealer take mine off and put it in the car along with the pins. Figure I may want it down the road. I can no longer put mine back in though as I bought the ZL1 splitter protector, which I likes you don't see it.

Paint protection for the front as mentioned and for the rockers. I would suggest looking at rock guards for it as the widebody does throw up rocks. I can hear them hitting my rock guards all of the time. Glad I put them on the day I got the car. Ceramic coating, as mentioned is a good idea as well. You'll have a little more gloss but more important, paint protection from sap, bird droppings, hard water, etc., from etching the clear coat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Put a GOOD protective layer on the paint. Seems like every time I get a new car, the wife puts rock chips in the paint in the first few days.

In fact, depending on where you live, I might opt for a 3M clear vinyl hood and bumper cover.
Going in for the ceramic coat on Wednesday

I have yet to find somebody that's done that and not really like the outcome of it.
Going in Wednesday for the ceramic

1. She looks beautiful
2. Follow recommended break in period
3. Take off the banana peel
I'm torn, I kinda like the banana peel!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The yellow protector will trap grit and chafe the front edge of the splitter. You really should remove it.
If you intend to drive it, get mud guards such as the ones offered by ZL1. I have them and I am happy with the fit and appearance.
Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Bumper Auto part

·
Registered
3 Posts
The yellow protector will trap grit and chafe the front edge of the splitter. You really should remove it.
If you intend to drive it, get mud guards such as the ones offered by ZL1. I have them and I am happy with the fit and appearance. View attachment 1004440
Just looked up the ZL1's. $90 ain't bad to protect him.

Dang that widebody is white is just stunning!!!

Congrats on the upgrade, enjoy your new ride and post some more photos of that beauty soon.

- Alexis
I've only had one negative comment about the white. I just think it makes everything on it pop. Looking at a cover since it doesn't fit in my garage, and Chicago winters suuuuck.

Going in Wednesday for all the final protections

As stated, follow the break in procedure in the manual. Also agree with the shipping protector. I had the dealer take mine off and put it in the car along with the pins. Figure I may want it down the road. I can no longer put mine back in though as I bought the ZL1 splitter protector, which I likes you don't see it.

Paint protection for the front as mentioned and for the rockers. I would suggest looking at rock guards for it as the widebody does throw up rocks. I can hear them hitting my rock guards all of the time. Glad I put them on the day I got the car. Ceramic coating, as mentioned is a good idea as well. You'll have a little more gloss but more important, paint protection from sap, bird droppings, hard water, etc., from etching the clear coat.
From all the comments, I'll probably take off the shipping protection. It's going in Wednesday for the ceramic, etc.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Upgrade indeed! Congrats. Follow break in. Not easy. Gives peace of mind too.
yup , ask me ... couldnt last 100 miles before wot almost daily. Everything’s ok though. I took it easy later:ROFLMAO:

Congrats and be safe !

white + widebody with black rims is a killer combo imo , almost went with it.

Man i took the yellow thing off to avoid scratches even though it adds a beautiful contrast to the granite crystal.
it looks so much better with it but you know...

as far as for my recommendation.

apply full ppf before you drive it if you plan on owning it.
Xpel or whatever brand your trusted local shop had , look for reviews and choose a shop.
trust me even though it costs a fortune, it will be the best thing you ever did.

i added mine for protection, the brand they use is called “ultra fit”
but man , the shine on that thing.

it makes the car show room shiny with every wash and doesnt collect as much as dirt. Not to mention protection
super clean.

they said it will make the car shiny but i didnt have that in mind not even 1% i
wanted protection.

4 months and counting in the middle east dust and it still looks shiny with every wash.

just make sure you detail it before they apply. + ceramic coating.

Just my 2 cents if you plan on owning it. You’ll never have to worry about scratches ever + shine.

One quick question , does your car have the amber halo lights option?

have a good day

1 - 14 of 14 Posts