Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MO Par...

Just bought a '12 R/T last week. Took it in to have the P01 (timing chain) done and it spent it's first weekend with the dealer. Bummer. Frankly, a lot of the posts on here scare the fire out of me. I would love to have some other owners encourage me that this is a good car and tell me I haven't made a mistake buying it! Wanted one for a long time.

·
Registered
2012 blackberry pearl R/T Classic
137 Posts
I have a 2012 R/T classic and it is a solid car. I've had zero issues with it and no regrets.

BTW, great color. :icon_cheers: pics?

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Helltone

Seems like I have buyer's remorse every morning until I get behind the wheel and push the button. When that Hemi roars to life I'm in love again. Unfortunately it's been at the dealership 4 of the 7 days I've owned it to date... I'll get some pics up shortly.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,932 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just bought a '12 R/T last week. Took it in to have the P01 (timing chain) done and it spent it's first weekend with the dealer. Bummer. Frankly, a lot of the posts on here scare the fire out of me. I would love to have some other owners encourage me that this is a good car and tell me I haven't made a mistake buying it! Wanted one for a long time.
Noticed the name Blackberry Smoke. Going to see them for the second time tonight in Kansas City. Great live show they put on.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
If you can't change the world, leave a scar.

You may be stumbling out of the gate with this dealer maintenance, but you'll not regret the purchase. My '13 R/T is a daily driver from March to November (stored for winter in Western PA). I've got 65K miles over the past 5 years and the only factory part failure I've had is one ABS sensor (literally a $15 part and a 10 minute repair job). Now I've had some bad luck with a deer crash and had some varmints chewing on wires and sensors in the engine compartment, but that a function of my environment, not the car. I make an annual pilgrimage to Captiva Island in Florida, and that road trip is the highlight of my year.

Add some budget for new "fun meters" because yours will be pegged so much, it's bound to break.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts