Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I have posted a similar thread a while back but I'm trying again.

I have a DWB IE w/ my name on it coming to a local dealership, but honestly, the experience working with them has been poor.

How can I find another local dealer with an IE already allocated? I am trading another vehicle so a local dealer would be a much better option.

I'm on Long Island. I'll drive almost anywhere on the Island to buy a new IE. My zip code is 11787 in case that helps.

FYI, the problems I've had with my current dealership:
The first time I was there they were making fun of another customer who got upset and canceled a deal because they jacked up the price at the last minute.
The sales-person I first worked with quit, then was re-hired, then quit.
The GM has quit.
I waited for months with no information about the car.
The salesperson I worked with now had no idea the IE even existed and has lent NOTHING to the process. There's no reason she should be paid a commission. Furthermore, the dealer shouldn't make a penny off this car, they're in the way between me and Dodge from my perspective. What am I paying them for?
I was told I could get the 1.9% financing, then told no. Then told yes, then no again.
I was told delivery would be around Christmas.
They refused to give me a quote on a warranty.
The have refused to run my credit (yet) and said they'd have to charge me more if I get my own financing.
They're not returning my calls, ever, unless I call back multiple times.
The sale has gone nowhere in 3 months since I signed. I have no info, no delivery date, no final price. I have no way to ask my bank to write a check for the car until after it's on their lot?? If someone chooses to drive it around a few miles because I won't be able to arrange a bank check all in one day after they get delivery and we finally resolve the contract issues, I have zero recourse.

I'm not a nightmare customer, I've been very polite and I don't call every day. I am paying a lot of money for this car, the most I've ever paid for a vehicle, and getting a very cheap and deflating experience. I have no confidence in any sort of repair, service, or support that I might get from this dealer.

The ONLY reason I haven't honestly told the dealer I have signed with (only put $100 down) to jump off a bridge already is that they offered me the IE at a pretty good price (until everything wraps up when they suddenly have to charge me more for this or that or something contrary to the deal I already signed), and I don't know if there's another IE in my area. I called a few places and no luck so far.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You are in New York State.

Hopefully your deal was written on the proper NYS form. If so they have to honor the price on the form.

Take delivery and do not look back. You can use any Dodge dealership for service!

RED

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey man I'm on the island & I have bought EVERY car out of state except for when I purchased a Z06 & then only because the dealership was practically OOB & let it go under msrp when everyone else was jacking the price up.

NY is a RIP plain & simple

So many nice IE's on ebay , tell your dealer to take a hike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey man I'm on the island & I have bought EVERY car out of state except for when I purchased a Z06 & then only because the dealership was practically OOB & let it go under msrp when everyone else was jacking the price up.

NY is a RIP plain & simple

So many nice IE's on ebay , tell your dealer to take a hike
I know, and I really would, but I have a trade and it would be awkward to travel hundreds of miles and then they are the position to offer me far less for the trade, no?

It would be soooo much easier to just find someone local who will set everything up for me now with the trade and give me a solid price so I can have my car the moment it rolls into town! I don't want a single ass in the white seats except mine.

I think this has a lot less to do with NY and a lot more to do with crappy customer service and business practice at the dealer I've been working with.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I know, and I really would, but I have a trade and it would be awkward to travel hundreds of miles and then they are the position to offer me far less for the trade, no?

It would be soooo much easier to just find someone local who will set everything up for me now with the trade and give me a solid price so I can have my car the moment it rolls into town! I don't want a single ass in the white seats except mine.

I think this has a lot less to do with NY and a lot more to do with crappy customer service and business practice at the dealer I've been working with.
I hear ya , but FYI I had a trade too. Sent lots of pics , agreed on a price difference & got a deal done. Part of the deal was they pick up the trade
& deliver the car.
I'm sure a plenty of dealers , many that post here , would work with you.

My issue on the island is they always want over MSRP for LE type cars &
the supply is dreadful. Half the time they don't even know about these
models , it's kind of pathetic.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If your dealership is treating you poorly now, I can't imagine that it will get better unless they have a change of ownership or staff. I would guess that they will surprise you with additional costs as you suspect. I'd look real hard for another dealer even if you have to travel a bit. I negotiated my deal over the phone and via email before I ever saw the car. Not having a trade did simplify the deal, though.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
some of your complaints are valid...some arent

we were ALL! told we could get our cars by Christmas...no one did
most people got no info on the car
alot of salesmen didnt know the car existed a few months ago
people do quit their jobs
someone has to make commision...you said your getting a good deal...who cares who gets the $$
financing may have changed? i know dodge offered a rebate on the SRT for a day or 2 and then took it back

they should return your calls(unless you call weekly)?
they should not talk/make fun of customers
the price should not change if you finance on your own

if your getting a good price id tell you to relax......get your car.....see how it goes....if they play games with the price then screw'em....move on...if they hold the price i see no reason to shop elsewhere...

your salesman quit....i think some of the communication problems have to do with that

we all have been waiting and waiting x10....were all frustrated....

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey guys I have posted a similar thread a while back but I'm trying again.

I have a DWB IE w/ my name on it coming to a local dealership, but honestly, the experience working with them has been poor.

How can I find another local dealer with an IE already allocated? I am trading another vehicle so a local dealer would be a much better option.

I'm on Long Island. I'll drive almost anywhere on the Island to buy a new IE. My zip code is 11787 in case that helps.

FYI, the problems I've had with my current dealership:
The first time I was there they were making fun of another customer who got upset and canceled a deal because they jacked up the price at the last minute.
The sales-person I first worked with quit, then was re-hired, then quit.
The GM has quit.
I waited for months with no information about the car.
The salesperson I worked with now had no idea the IE even existed and has lent NOTHING to the process. There's no reason she should be paid a commission. Furthermore, the dealer shouldn't make a penny off this car, they're in the way between me and Dodge from my perspective. What am I paying them for?
I was told I could get the 1.9% financing, then told no. Then told yes, then no again.
I was told delivery would be around Christmas.
They refused to give me a quote on a warranty.
The have refused to run my credit (yet) and said they'd have to charge me more if I get my own financing.
They're not returning my calls, ever, unless I call back multiple times.
The sale has gone nowhere in 3 months since I signed. I have no info, no delivery date, no final price. I have no way to ask my bank to write a check for the car until after it's on their lot?? If someone chooses to drive it around a few miles because I won't be able to arrange a bank check all in one day after they get delivery and we finally resolve the contract issues, I have zero recourse.

I'm not a nightmare customer, I've been very polite and I don't call every day. I am paying a lot of money for this car, the most I've ever paid for a vehicle, and getting a very cheap and deflating experience. I have no confidence in any sort of repair, service, or support that I might get from this dealer.

The ONLY reason I haven't honestly told the dealer I have signed with (only put $100 down) to jump off a bridge already is that they offered me the IE at a pretty good price (until everything wraps up when they suddenly have to charge me more for this or that or something contrary to the deal I already signed), and I don't know if there's another IE in my area. I called a few places and no luck so far.

Here's a 30 mile search from 11101.

New Cars for Sale: Listings Near 11101 - Cars.com

·
Registered
557 Posts
The dealership in State College Pa has a blue 6 speed, SRTII, perf tires for MSRP, $47,170.00. They will give you a fair price for your trade...just represent it CORRECTLY AND HONESTLY. Call Tim Piper at 814-234-4321 and tell him Rob sent you. He is the fairest, most honest salesman I have ever known.
The car is at Alexander Chrysler. That's not too far from you to save $$$$

·
Registered
111 Posts
Easiest way to search: Go to the Dodge website and search dealer inventory for the 2011 Challenger 392. Put in your zip code and do the 200 mile radius search. Dealerships that have the car on the ground will list the vehicle in stock. Other cars that are KZ plant released will not show up as being in stock, but if you click on the dealer link that says contact us you can see what they have in transit.
That is how I found the second IE that I am picking up tomorrow. The first one that I ordered is still sitting in Ontario waiting to ship for the last month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts