Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel kinda dumb posting this, but maybe someone else has had the issue and can chime-in.

The sunglasses holder in my roof is very difficult to 'close' once glasses are put inside. It's not difficult to swing shut---it's tricky to have it REMAIN shut. Sometimes I have to make 10 attempts at pushing it closed before it will 'lock' in closed position.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I would try lubricating the cam/pin mechanism with silicone spray. If that doesn't work, have it replaced under the 3-36 basic warranty.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Oh, man... seeing how well your steering wheel complaint went over, you're gonna get pegged as a nitpicker, brother!

I don't use the compartment for sunglasses myself (I tend to have them around my neck with croakies on sunny days), but I've stashed spare FOB batteries in there before. And you know what, if I placed them in their entire packaging (we all know what 3V packages look like), I've run into situations where the holder wouldn't close, yes. I had then to bend the cardboard to make it fit and ended up taking the batteries out entirely.

I think your glasses may be too big for the thing, or you'll need to position them carefully every time, but who wants to do that? I don't know what others do, but that holder is one of those things that I'm glad they provided, but that I don't use for their original purpose. Only for light and small items, and some shades might exceed the thing's capacity.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, man... seeing how well your steering wheel complaint went over, you're gonna get pegged as a nitpicker, brother!

I think your glasses may be too big for the thing, or you'll need to position them carefully every time, but who wants to do that? I don't know what others do, but that holder is one of those things that I'm glad they provided, but that I don't use for their original purpose. Only for light and small items, and some shades might exceed the thing's capacity.
hahaha. You're right about me being a nit-picker. The funny thing is that it's only when it comes to my car----everything else, who cares? haha

The truth is that the sunglasses holder won't lock shut easily even when empty. ??????

Not the end of the world, and it's really a little tiny annoyance. But since it's there, I'd like it to function easily & reliably. If I can't get it going, I'll see the dealer under warranty.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
If it doesn't lock when empty you do have an issue. Probably easy to fix if you don't want the dealer to mess with it, but I haven't done it myself.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I know exactly what you mean, mine too! Not upsetting as much as funny, try, try, try, then finally hooks, something about that little tiny latch and sometimes reach up and flip/move it with finger, then latches or just give up... then it latches. No biggie, like said kinda funny BUT you are not crazy.... well maybe you are but not alone! ;)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I use mine for my driving glasses, and it's a little finicky too, but if I close it slowly and push up till it stops then release slowly it will catch 99% of the time, if I do it fast it seldom locks. I usually just leave it down!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be very clear, I AM crazy, and I will be the first to admit it! Wifey can't understand how I can be so carefree about the house and the kids, but when it comes to my car, I freak out over nothing. ?? hahaha

I'm going to try closing it slowly and releasing slowly. I was thinking that there must be a more reliable technique, and I thought that I'd tried all the ways possible, but maybe I missed this maneuver.

THANKS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts