Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went out this morning and installed my new MagnaFlow Axle back exhaust. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to install. It would of took me just under an hour if I would of read that there were two sizes of clamps. I slightly bent one which was the 2.75 inch one that I was trying to clamp up the tips. Supposed to be three inch. Anyway after an hour and a half, it turned out pretty good. All you really have to be careful is to make two straight cuts. The directions say 4 inches from the actuators welds and I went 5 for good measure. It still went on with ease. I used a few squirts of WD-40 inside the pipes to help slide the pipes in together. I’ll post a sound clip later.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I went out this morning and installed my new MagnaFlow Axle back exhaust. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to install. It would of took me just under an hour if I would of read that there were two sizes of clamps. I slightly bent one which was the 2.75 inch one that I was trying to clamp up the tips. Supposed to be three inch. Anyway after an hour and a half, it turned out pretty good. All you really have to be careful is to make two straight cuts. The directions say 4 inches from the actuators welds and I went 5 for good measure. It still went on with ease. I used a few squirts of WD-40 inside the pipes to help slide the pipes in together. I’ll post a sound clip later.
Good job!! These are what I put on my R/T and I love the sound. Turns heads and I don't have the big c.i. motor. Also, I had a muffler shop do the work as I don't have the tools to do the cuts in the garage.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good job!! These are what I put on my R/T and I love the sound. Turns heads and I don't have the big c.i. motor. Also, I had a muffler shop do the work as I don't have the tools to do the cuts in the garage.
Thank you! I went for a ride and it has a nice deep rumble to it. It is louder and I get the odd pops at lower speeds/RPM’s. If i crack the throttle at the right speed it really snaps. I’m pretty impressed with it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,624 Posts
Sounds good :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
680 Posts
So this system replaces the resonators but you still keep the factory mufflers?

It did sound good.

·
Registered
2012 Yellow Jacket SRT8
34 Posts
nice work sounds good

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments! I know it’s an expensive way to get rid of the resonators but the MagnaFlow pipes are right on measurement and it’s a nice clean set up. The sound clip doesn’t do justice. It sounds pretty good in person with out that tinny raspy sound. Nice deep muscle car tone of the modern day Big block Hemi. Everyone has their preference on how they want their car to sound. I think a nice set of long tube headers would complete this set up for me. Maybe in the future. Oh, some have mentioned loss of low end power removing the resonators, not a chance. If anything, it feels a pit peppier. Nothing real drastic. Not to mention that the resonators are the straight thru design.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are the resonators on the tail pipes with tips all in one piece after I made th cuts. Nothing to unbolt if doing any type of exhaust tip mod or resonator removal. The only thing you need to do if u want to keep the stock tips Is carefully break the tack welds and loosen the clamp bolts.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts