Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In '14 I put Firestone Firehawk GT's on my '11 R/T. They're a pretty good tire, okay in the snow, but I'm needing new tires and looking at a different option. Anyone here put the Firstone Firehawk AS on their Challengers? I'm trying to save a few bucks. They don't look like bad tires, but I'm hoping to get some pictures and opinions from anyone who has put them on their car. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't get me wrong, I love how the Indy 500's look (pretty dang sharp on yours for sure), but I live in an area where we can get some nasty snow during the winter and my Challenger is an all-year car. I want to stick with an all-season tire. The GT looks really nice on my car, and has really been a pretty good tire. I have had maybe 2 instances where it cut loose in the snow, but that was early on in my Hemi days. I've matured since then.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the AS on my '13 R/T. Only have about 1,000 miles on them but so far so good. Especially for the price. The Firestone guys admit the AS is a much better tire than the GT.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the AS on my '13 R/T. Only have about 1,000 miles on them but so far so good. Especially for the price. The Firestone guys admit the AS is a much better tire than the GT.
Do you have any pictures? I just talked to our local Firestone shop and they said the AS does not have a sporty look and isn't very popular among Challenger owners. I'm getting the GT's installed tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
21,684 Posts
Reactions: fitforlife6

·
Registered
569 Posts
I went the Firehawk AS a few months ago and I'm very pleased with their performance. Tough to beat the price, also.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
21,684 Posts
I am thinking about these tires with Style 70 reps on my '15 SXT. Who do you go to in the bay area? I live in SF and am looking for a good place to get them installed and work done.
Welcome to Challengertalk fitforlife6. I've not had tires changed in years. Here's what I'd suggest. Find a shop that does road force balancing, that will weed out all the has beens

GSP9700 Locator

Then google those that do road force for yelp reviews, then make some phone calls.

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
21,684 Posts
A question I'd ask is if they hand tighten the lugs...much better than an impact wrench. A Guy

·
Registered
569 Posts
Update on the Firehawk AS tires. I recently had an opportunity to track my car at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet. The Firehawk AS tires were tremendous. They easily overmatched the standard suspension on my car and took every corner at speed without a problem -- or squeal.

I was already very satisfied with the tires and after the track session my satisfaction has moved up a notch. In general, the car itself handled great. I've been on that track and driven Corvettes, Ferraris and an Audi R8 which gives me at least a small sample size to compare it with. No, it's not in a handling league with any of those cars, but it was a far cry from being embarrassing. I was trailing two V8 Mustangs (no passing allowed for touring sessions) and easily hung in the corners with them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts