Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here running these? Firestone Firehawk Indy 500
Summer tire
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Firehawk+Indy+500&partnum=445WR0FHI5XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
@ $133 per tire I might toss these on the rears the goodyear f1's wears down like a pencil erasers. The dealer put 2 new front F1 tires prior to purchase.
Please give me some input if anyone is running them or know about them? I could go with BFGoodrich or Continentals 245/45/20 stock size for $30 per tire more $133 is tempting. I will never buy goodyear tires as they give u 1 good year maybe 13 months.

Thanks
Jason
2015 SXT w/ STP billet silver

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have them and like them.

But,... I'm finding they aren't all that great below 60 degrees. I see you're in the SF area. Up here in the PNW, I haven't had a chance to drive them much above 60 degrees... and it's June now. If your weather is similar and especially if yours is a daily driver, I'd probably pass on the summer tires. Get some all seasons and call it good... and, actually get some mileage out of them.

My SP isn't my daily driver. And, the tires work fine. It's not like I lose control and slide off the road. But, when I want to get on it and the tires aren't there for me.... I am excited to see how they over the full summer. My next tires for the SP will be some all seasons, due to where I live. The summer tires aren't worth much around here most of the year, IMO. I will probably try some Continentals next.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Old2 new This is some good info? Maybe I will look into BF goodrich or Continentals
Michelin Pilots are always a favorite but the price hurts
I want to replace the rears as the fronts GY F1 Summer TIres are still 80+% tread left
Im not in need just yet but soon.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Old2 new This is some good info? Maybe I will look into BF goodrich or Continentals
Michelin Pilots are always a favorite but the price hurts
I want to replace the rears as the fronts GY F1 Summer TIres are still 80+% tread left
Im not in need just yet but soon.
If it helps on my 2015 RT plus I have the BF Comp 2 A/S
IMO they are very good ,, no problem in the rain ,very pleased after 10 K miles on them
On tire rack they are rated just as high or better then the others mentioned
And a less money ,,,

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see alot of members that run 275/40/20 will that casue problems or rub anything on my 2015 SXT w/ STP?
Im tempted to get the rears in the 275/40/20 size now?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
The 275's will be fine, need at least 9" wheel though. A Guy

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The 20" Hyper black alumnum wheels 2015 STP offers I think they are 9"
These 245/45/20 tires seem skinny in the rear of these fat ass cars. The STP option makes the SXT so much better.
With the increase to 275/40/20 from stock will negatively effect fuel econ. / milage. But does it improve handling? Braking?
Other then looking better?

Bummer if these are 8" wheels? What is the widest Tire size can I run. 255/45/20?
Maybe I will stick to stock tire size, waste of a post

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
Yeah, 20x8, 255 is widest safely. Will give you a tad more rim/curb protection over the 245 maybe ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have these and they are great on the street. I did a Time Attack event this weekend which is sort of a hybrid autocross/road course and was a little disappointed. They were much better than the stock Pirelli all season tires, but weren't as sticky as I hoped. I'm probably asking a lot though with 707 hp and a novice auto cross racer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am running them in a staggered setup on my car 255 front/ 275 rears and I am happy with them for a daily tire and occasional spirited driving. Much better tire overall then the BFG G Force Comp 2's I had on before.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I Just had 2 Firehawk Indy 500 rear tires installed 245/45/20
$135 each not to bad, the Goodyear F1 Supercar tire replacement are $235 each.
We shall see how they perform.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts