Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got some new tires today and since no one in my house cares ("that's nice honey...") I thought I'd share in case anyone is looking at these.

When I bought my '10 SRT8 preowned it hilariously had 2 Pirelli all season, run flat tires on the front (245/45) and the stock Goodyear F1's (255/45) on the back. The ride was terrible and the handling was worse, I knew this was the first thing I'd have to change.

Because Uncle Sam finally paid me back all that money I loaned him last year (interest free mind you) I decided to get a new set of tires. I mulled all the options from replacing the F1's, Michelin PSS, and even the BFGoodrich Comp 2's. I was about the pull the trigger on the Comp 2's because they were a great tire for under $800 installed with the only complaint being noisy after they wear. My buddy who works with Firestone asked me to give him a shot and recommended the Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500's. I'd never heard of this tire, but he offered a discount ... I could get them for $580 installed with the road hazard warranty so I pulled the trigger. I figured at that price I could toss them out in a few years if they were garbage.

I'm pleasantly surprised by these tires. I've only clocked 100 miles on them but the dry grip is fantastic. Atleast on par with the F1's and they destroy the Pirelli's. It's like a new car again!

Will update this thread as they wear, and in different weather conditions, but bang for the buck you can't beat these tires if you don't track your car.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
best bang for the buck. available in a/s and summer. what size did you get
Went with the summer tire. Stock staggered setup. 245/45 front, 255/45 rear. Pics attached to first post.

Took a 20 mile spirited drive and I'm still impressed. Are they as grippy as the F1's on the rear? No but man they're really close for half the cost.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Have 275 width on all 4 corners of my scat pack and really like them. I've even cut under a 2.0 sec 60 ft time at the strip with them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts