Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I pulled the engine cover, in preparation to replace spark plugs, and there's a baseball sized mouse nest on top of the first two coil packs on the left side. The mouse nest wasn't the big deal (part of living out in the sticks), it was what the little bastage used for nesting material. Chewed up about 1/2 of the surface area of the fiberglass insulation panel on the firewall and made a fiberglass nest. The good news is that there are no wires or sensors damaged and the HEMI still roars like a lion. But this firewall panel now as the surface removed on about 1/2 of the overall area and there a couple silver-dollar sized holes all the way through.

Question: Is there an adhesive or spray on firewall insulation product I should use to repair this damage?.....or can I just patch the holes and marred surface area with some heavy duty Gorilla tape, and declare victory?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
So last night I pulled the engine cover, in preparation to replace spark plugs, and there's a baseball sized mouse nest on top of the first two coil packs on the left side. The mouse nest wasn't the big deal (part of living out in the sticks), it was what the little bastage used for nesting material. Chewed up about 1/2 of the surface area of the fiberglass insulation panel on the firewall and made a fiberglass nest. The good news is that there are no wires or sensors damaged and the HEMI still roars like a lion. But this firewall panel now as the surface removed on about 1/2 of the overall area and there a couple silver-dollar sized holes all the way through.

Question: Is there an adhesive or spray on firewall insulation product I should use to repair this damage?.....or can I just patch the holes and marred surface area with some heavy duty Gorilla tape, and declare victory?

It’s fargin war!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s fargin war!

OK. This is weird. When I came in from the garage, holding the nest, showing the wife....my EXACT words were, "This is fargin' war!"

I quote Roman Maroni all the time, when suppressing cuss-words, especially around the grand-kids.

I'm not-a gonna let those lousy corksucking rodents destroy my fargin' beautiful automobile. Dem iceholes have no idea what hell Ima bout to unleash.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
OK. This is weird. When I came in from the garage, holding the nest, showing the wife....my EXACT words were, "This is fargin' war!"

I quote Roman Maroni all the time, when suppressing cuss-words, especially around the grand-kids.

I'm not-a gonna let those lousy corksucking rodents destroy my fargin' beautiful automobile. Dem iceholes have no idea what hell Ima bout to unleash.

You’re living a little too dangerously.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

I'm not-a gonna let those lousy corksucking rodents destroy my fargin' beautiful automobile. Dem iceholes have no idea what hell Ima bout to unleash.[/QUOTE]

LOL :laugh2:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back on topic, dudes. Can I patch holes and thin spots on the firewall insulation panel with Gorilla tape, or is there a special product I should be looking for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts