·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
607 Posts
Damn man thats impressive for our V6's. Keep up the good work. Doing anything else to make it go faster?

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn man thats impressive for our V6's. Keep up the good work. Doing anything else to make it go faster?
Stay tuned, 11's will be coming soon.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
That’s very impressive. Can’t go wrong with a Turbo!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
impressed...way to go

·
Registered
212 Posts
Congats , Keep dropping your times 1/2 second at a time and you'll need a cage soon LOL

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
LOL!!! 12.8's.

I dunno dude, I think you need to get a V8 if you really want to try and go fast. Don't spend all that money and tim on a V6

*comment dripping in snarky sarcasm.*

You just made my day, heheh that's is just too awesome.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Steve, if you get past a stock 392 quarter time, I think the "get a V8" crowd needs to shut the hell up and the last nail in that coffin drivin' in with the good ol' hot rodding hammer.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I loved my 87 turbocharged Grand National. It was my favorite car that I ever owned until my 2010 R/T Classic came along and replaced it as THEE best. The only thing that stops my GN from being the best was the lack of a sound system and the damn thing ate transmissions. After the third overhaul....the car had to go. Then a few years later Art-Carr builds a bullet proof 2004R.

Maybe sometime in the future I will do the same to the new Pentastar motor.

·
Registered
629 Posts
So what did you do to get it from 13.40 to 12.87 at the same mph? Change the rear gears yet? What gears are in it now?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, with the torque the V6 was putting down, I'm surprised they didn't swap to the 700R4 for T-Types/GN's.
The steep first gear in the 700R4 was not good for a turbo, it was hitting the shift point before the turbo could spool up and then the RPMS drop way too far with the long split between 1 and 2, that is why they went with the more steadily geared 200 4R. Art fixed the problem. :)

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So what did you do to get it from 13.40 to 12.87 at the same mph? Change the rear gears yet? What gears are in it now?
Torque converter and drag radials.:redcap:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Badass man!! MEGA kudos!!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The steep first gear in the 700R4 was not good for a turbo, it was hitting the shift point before the turbo could spool up and then the RPMS drop way too far with the long split between 1 and 2, that is why they went with the more steadily geared 200 4R. Art fixed the problem. :)

Ah. ah... that would do it! I've only owned one car with the 700R4, never thought of the first gear as too steep, but then again it made it's torque pretty much instantly (85' vette).

MCSChallenger, I think you should keep the Go-wing....... ok or sell it to me when you want to get rid of it, :bigthumb: heck I have a nice clean deck lid if you want to trade, LOL!

I don't know why but the Go-wing has really grown on me, love seeing that back end sprint away with that wing on it.
:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts