Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Factory ordered 2022 F8 green Scat Pack widebody. Fully loaded except the sunroof.
So..I have had plenty of time to think, what mods are the most important to a new car. Especially the first five! Personally, I wanted those mods to be not just cool but functional and will help in either aiding in the protection and be functional. So I choose the ZL1 Add-ons deluxe rock guards and their stealth lift blocks, billet customs f8 green oil catch can, full frontal ppf, and a car cover. If anything else, you know with that you are protecting your investment to the best of your ability.
I have the first two done. Super easy to put on. The following three will be complete in the next week or so. Enjoy!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Motor vehicle

Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior Carbon Automotive tire

·
Registered
270 Posts
The swaim rock guards cover the whole tire. I probably should have got those instead of the zl1. May do a switch.
When I switched out the lugs for gorillas the stocks were showing corrosion after 3 weeks
Household hardware Auto part Salt and pepper shakers Font Tableware

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The swaim rock guards cover the whole tire. I probably should have got those instead of the zl1. May do a switch.
When I switched out the lugs for gorillas the stocks were showing corrosion after 3 weeks View attachment 1049722
Really??? Hmm. That's odd. I had thought of getting the black nuts in the future. Thanks for the heads up

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Add the ZL1 Addons Side Extenders, and put some PPF on the front of all 4 flares to protect them from those pesky rocks. I also just bought their Rear Diffusor, I'm still looking for someone to install it for me.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Blue

Even with Rock Guards and Side Extenders, I managed to get mud on my rear flares from a slow drive thru a Farmers Market parking lot. You can see where the mud flings up,
my PPF goes up a little higher.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Add the ZL1 Addons Side Extenders, and put some PPF on the front of all 4 flares to protect them from those pesky rocks. I also just bought their Rear Diffusor, I'm still looking for someone to install it for me.

View attachment 1049739

Even with Rock Guards and Side Extenders, I managed to get mud on my rear flares from a slow drive thru a Farmers Market parking lot. You can see where the mud flings up,

View attachment 1049740
Yeah I know they are not perfect,but is way better than nothing. I dig the side skirts, would like to see a pic of that diffuser!

·
Registered
179 Posts

View attachment 1049739

View attachment 1049740
How do you like the finish and quality of that diffuser? I'm torn between the ZL1 and the Downforce Solutions one, I'm not building a show car or a hardcore track car so part of me thinks I should just buy the ZL1 since it's significantly less expensive but the other part of me thinks I'd be underwhelmed with the ZL1 finish and quality and end up getting the Downforce Solutions one anyway so I should do it right once.

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
Full ceramic and strut brace. Do you have a link for those lift blocks. Best I've seen. (y)

Reactions: 2Marks

·
Registered
975 Posts
zl1 side splitters were also high on my list as i think they will not only look cool they help protect the rockers.

my first year mods were

hardwire battery tender leads
speedlogix strut brace
swaim rock guards
ppf front clip and flairs
tint windows 35%
scat pack puddle lights
merrick intake rings
hellcat airbox mod
mfer1 exhaust valve delete
zoomers exhaust
shaker riser
speedlogix catch can
american brothers strut covers

i might have over done it some..lol
Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
My local dealer threatened to void my drive train warranty if I installed a catch can. I have reported this before, just sayin'. There is also a post online where this actually happened as the dealer claimed a piece of the connecting hardware was sucked into the engine. OK, prove him otherwise. Good luck. Lawyers are expensive. I know, my Sister is one.

·
Registered
975 Posts
My local dealer threatened to void my drive train warranty if I installed a catch can. I have reported this before, just sayin'. There is also a post online where this actually happened as the dealer claimed a piece of the connecting hardware was sucked into the engine. OK, prove him otherwise. Good luck. Lawyers are expensive. I know, my Sister is one.
Life is about risk, i could be struck by lightning tomorrow morning or killed in a car crash on my 70 mile commute, id be willing to bet you have rode your motorcycle without a helmet. I'd Also be willing to say your dealer may void your interior warranty for changing the floor mats and who knows did the ceramic coating or ppf void the rust protection warranty, the guy sounds like a ass, he likely thought a catch can was some sort of NOS system.

Im not Planning on making regular trips to the dealer so if my Engine starts Ticking or worse yet Blows up i can always remove the catch can just to avoid any headaches at the dealer, in the mean time ill protect the engine from ingesting the added oil and call it a day it's not like im adding a supercharger and then taking it off once the engine blows like the other guy. LOL

·
Registered
75 Posts
Life is about risk, i could be struck by lightning tomorrow morning or killed in a car crash on my 70 mile commute, id be willing to bet you have rode your motorcycle without a helmet. I'd Also be willing to say your dealer may void your interior warranty for changing the floor mats and who knows did the ceramic coating or ppf void the rust protection warranty, the guy sounds like a ass, he likely thought a catch can was some sort of NOS system.

Im not Planning on making regular trips to the dealer so if my Engine starts Ticking or worse yet Blows up i can always remove the catch can just to avoid any headaches at the dealer, in the mean time ill protect the engine from ingesting the added oil and call it a day it's not like im adding a supercharger and then taking it off once the engine blows like the other guy. LOL
Same. Catch can takes 5 minutes to remove, and I kept the original hose to put back on should I need to take it in for anything,

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Redeye WB
258 Posts
1. PPF on all flares, front bumper, and door cups
2. Rock guards (mud flaps)
3. ZL1 side skirts
4. Power Stop brake pads for 95% less dust
5. Tint on windows
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
7,098 Posts

"have rode your motorcycle without a helmet"
Never.
"guy sounds like a ass"
He is.
"remove the catch can just to avoid any headaches at the dealer"
To much of a conscience to play games. Just me.
At the rate I am going, the car will have maybe 8k miles on it when the warranty expires. If the engine is ruined by that time because of no catch can, I'll sell it. If not, there is allot of things that are going on then. ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Catch can benefit is questionable. I’m not bothering. Had three Challengers now without one, no issues with sludge. Not bothering to constantly install/uninstall just to try and get around the warranty on a placebo mod. Maybe if I still have it after the warranty I‘ll do a sludge check just to see what’s what. Can’t hurt to have it, I just don’t feel like dealing with service people trying to flag my vin for something that isnt really needed.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Never.
"guy sounds like a ass"
He is.
At the rate I am going, the car will have maybe 8k miles on it when the warranty expires. If the engine is ruined by that time because of no catch can, I'll sell it. If not, there is allot of things that are going on then. ;)
I have zero conscience over something like a catch can that could not ever cause a issue in the first place all it can do is help.

look at it like this, dealers are forced by dodge to try and get out of warranty issues any way they can, that’s just business. As for your 8 k I think you better slow down driving it then as you have a 5 year powertrain warranty.

besides if dodge really cared about their owners they Would warranty lifter failure to 10 years or 200 k as lifters should not be wiping cams and then there is the delaminating u connect screens that should be repaired under warranty too as they control too much of the car and cannot be replaced with affordable aftermarket items.

so tell me I need to trust dodge and their fine engineering, color me skeptical.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Never.
"guy sounds like a ass"
He is.

Yes, that is the mode I have been using to avoid it.
No, the valve is not damaged with careful removal.
Yes, any mods may affect warranty coverage. If going in for tranny warranty claim, I would reinstall it. Very easy.

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
"8 k I think you better slow down driving"
13 months in and I'm at 1300 miles. At that rate will be closer to 6K miles at 60 months. Negligible.

Reactions: Bill Dobbins

·
Registered
258 Posts
Dealers are certainly not forced to wiggle out of warranty claims. They are def supposed to deny coverage if there are oil related aftermarket products installed. If I were responsible for every customer’s engine I certainly wouldn't warranty every possible hack’s DIY labor with aftermarket products either. Not sure what all of the outrage everywhere is all about. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man
1 - 20 of 29 Posts