Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT Pitch Black Clear-coat
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was traveling on route 1 in PA going to my girlfriends house Friday when it was pouring and flooding, bad decision, I know, when I went through a huge puddle of water and runoff, when a semi truck flew by me and splashed a wave of water at my car and by that time my tail slide out sideways losing traction and I didn’t catch it in time because I couldn’t see, did a 360 spin out on the freeway straight into a ditch.

Thankfully for me, I walked away with just a sore back and chest, and not my life being taken away. Luckily for Side Boo, she surprisingly only took damage to the rear bumper and valence panel on the rear and the exhaust fell from its hook and hanger on the passenger side. After putting it on a lift at my girlfriends dads garage on her property, we got the exhaust hooked back into the hanger but not the actual hook to the chassis/under body. The issue? The exhaust isn’t positioned correctly and it seems to be bent as it was position itself correctly and is pushed back a bit.

This gives me the opportunity to actually straight pipe it and see how I enjoy it. I also get to replace the rear fascia and rear valence panel as the fascia was scratched up because of the dealer when bought but now there’s numerous other scratches on the passenger side. I also have to get two new rear tires because of it.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Sorry to read about your accident.

Regarding the car in general and the exhaust specifically, my advice would be to first get the car repaired, or you repair the car, back to its factory pre collision condition. Ensure all is well with the car, the exhaust, etc.

Then if you want to say in this case mod the exhaust you know if there are any issues afterwards they come from the mod not overlooked damage from the accident.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, I'm just glad you're ok and safe. Thats the most important part.

And like, Rockster said above, I would say also to have it repaired first before you add any mods.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
499 Posts
Good luck OP.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT Pitch Black Clear-coat
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First? There’s gonna be more?
No, this is my first ever accident since I’ve had my license.

The shop was able to fix my exhaust and the inner splash guard or shield in the rear tire fender as well. They also did a muffler delete to it. Here’s the video. 2019 Challenger RT Muffler Delete

I also got a brand new rear fascia. She looks brand new.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
“Better in the metal than you”

glad you walked away fine ... plenty of time to fix the car , be safe man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts