Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a blast with the Porsche club yesterday autocrossing. I just got my Potenza tires the day before and that made it magical as it's a totally different car. It's perfectly balanced now and easy to control when the rear breaks loose. The turning is insane! With some practice, I could be maybe 2-3 seconds from the Viper ACR and Porsche GTS. Not bad considering my car doesn't have much work done to it and is at stock ride height. I was 1000lbs heavier than the next heaviest car. :)

Best $60 I ever spent!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
that is the most open autocross course I've ever seen. Must have been fun to run fast.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Agree, that's the most open autocross I've ever seen! I recently went to one in Raleigh, NC and that course was tough! Short tight turns! That looks like fun!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya they have a 15 acre skid pad so it's nice and roomy! And that is next to a 2.5 mile track with 5 straightaways where I got over 100.

·
Vendor
12,206 Posts
this is what most autox look like

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,891 Posts
Holy shit, Luke. I think if I took those turns in mine I'd be half way out the car and eating cones for lunch.

·
Vendor
12,206 Posts
Holy shit, Luke. I think if I took those turns in mine I'd be half way out the car and eating cones for lunch.
lmao.....our big cars don't do well on these types of course, best time was in the 48's, several small cars including several corvettes where in the uppr 45's

impossible to be competitive with a 4k lbs car on a course like that......

do better on larger course like this

·
Vendor
12,206 Posts
our big cars tend to excel here on big tracks

·
Vendor
12,206 Posts
sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread
Luke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts