Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,753 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Looks great (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 SRT Widebody aka Bella
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the welcome.
She is my daily driver, and I have been and will always take meticulous care of her so she will run at 115k miles just like she does now. Once you get used to the ride, there's nothing like having 485 naturally aspirated horses at your disposal wherever you go. I haven't installed any aftermarkets on her yet, though I've already been bitten by the bug back when I owned a TT and an A6 BT. In any case, I suppose a catch can is the first thing to do, but I have an extended 10/100k warranty on her and I don't necessarily want to do anything to void that.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,444 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Love the pics.. well done!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Welcome from Missouri, that black looks nice!
Thank you. I wasn't sold on it at first being that I really liked the red, but it has definitely grown on me. One thing I am glad I didn't do though is opt for the red painted calipers-I find the subdued black calipers more subtle and therefore tasteful. Love Missouri, too...spent some time in Springfield recently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Grats on the new car...I am also on my first challenger and would like to purchase an extended warranty for it, just in case something funky happens unexpected. If you don't mind, what did you pay for the extended warranty.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Grats on the new car...I am also on my first challenger and would like to purchase an extended warranty for it, just in case something funky happens unexpected. If you don't mind, what did you pay for the extended warranty.

Thanks
3k for the extended bumper to bumper-I think they call it 'wrap' nowdays. plus another 900 for PDR/lost key fob, and wheel rash warranty, also for 10yr/100k. Of course the back of house finance dude showed me all kinds of bs this and bs that where this cost this much to fix and that cost that to fix, but in the end I've owned enough things to know they break and it can get expensive and my peace of mind for the next 10 years was worth that. In any case I've used the wheel rash protection twice already.

2 important things about extended warranties:

1. The only place that's obligated to honor the extended warranty is the dealership you bought the warranty from. Even another Dodge dealership elsewhere can tell you to go take a hike if they don't want to honor the warranty. And still, with a name like Allstate (the bumper to bumper warranty), it could get a bit tricky to find another dealership to work on the vehicle under the extended warranty.

2. The insurance company's objective is to pay out as little as possible regarding any given legitimate claim, so the risk with an extended warranty is that they'll say...'yeh, well it appears as if the damage was done not by mechanical failure, but by driving too harshly', or something to that effect in order to absolve themselves from rendering coverage by blaming the damage on the driver. Having that said, it's very important to know your mechanic/shop/dealership well and always do your best to stay on good terms with them so that they will fight for you if the extended warranty company tries giving you problems.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
131 Posts
I bought my extended warranty bumper to bumper 100 dollar deductible through dodge, not the dealer.

Mine was a CPO 15 SRT 392.

Cost me like 2500 for 4 years 48k miles. That was from the time of purchase of the warranty.

I am sure can find the number for the guy I talked to at dodge if anyone is interested.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,753 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts