Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody!

OK OK OK So I drove an SE a few weeks ago... and I am sorry but I just wasn't impressed by the car.

TODAY. OMFG. OMFG. OMFG. I AM IN LOVE. I test drove a 2010 SRT8 Challenger at a local stealership and I AM IN LOVE! I am hooked like a largemouth bass on a Berkley Powerbait! haha I LOVE it!!! Man everything about it... it's like a completely different car! It really is like a modern era MUSCLE CAR!!!! CAN YOU FEEL IT CAN YOU FEEL IT!

OK so they actually gave me a pretty reasonable offer on the Tor Red... $38,xxx but I am going to hold out for a used B5 Blue!

Just wanted everybody to know that I am now in love with this car!!! A life changer! I am going to keep this car FOREVER! Oh yeah it's gonna be my daily driver, too!

Dan :D

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
welcome to the forum, Congrats on car glad to hear you like it. One thing to keeo in mind If your going to make a SRT a DD, make sure you have free road service. No spare tire.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Don't be sorry about the SE. I test drove one and I ran like hell.
The SRT is a beast and the B5 is a great color. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know... not to disrespect the SE or anything... I am sure it's a great car... especially the looks and whatnot... but what I drove today was in a class by itself!

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I own an SE and drove my buddys SRT8. You can't really compare the two cars... the SRT8 costs almost twice as much and has almost twice the HP. There are so many differences from the suspension, brakes, exhaust, EVIC, etc....

I love my SE. :):):):):)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Welcome to the board,

My daily driver is a 2003, 300M Special and it has most of the same engine parts as the SE Challenger V6-3.5L engine.(I suppose your SE was a 2010 as well)
And that 300M is going on 367000 Kms with no issues. Yes its not and SRT, but its still a great DD driver. It will be a lot cheaper on brakes,tires & gas than an SRT, and in fact be a very reliable car.

An SRT is in it's own class, I know cause I have one also...They are amazing rides, pure total fun to drive, but to compare the SE to an SRT in like comparing a V6 Mustang to a GT500...Just not the same rides at all. I realize this thread is not really about comparing the 2 cars.

I understand your joy in your newly found love...But like most mistresses, be ready to spend some $$$ Amigo...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hi Everybody!

OK OK OK So I drove an SE a few weeks ago... and I am sorry but I just wasn't impressed by the car.

TODAY. OMFG. OMFG. OMFG. I AM IN LOVE. I test drove a 2010 SRT8 Challenger at a local stealership and I AM IN LOVE! I am hooked like a largemouth bass on a Berkley Powerbait! haha I LOVE it!!! Man everything about it... it's like a completely different car! It really is like a modern era MUSCLE CAR!!!! CAN YOU FEEL IT CAN YOU FEEL IT!

OK so they actually gave me a pretty reasonable offer on the Tor Red... $38,xxx but I am going to hold out for a used B5 Blue!

Just wanted everybody to know that I am now in love with this car!!! A life changer! I am going to keep this car FOREVER! Oh yeah it's gonna be my daily driver, too!

Dan :D

Big Danman...Your telling me the SRT8 is so much better? :scratchhead:....I can't imagine 425HP is better than 250HP and more fun to drive. Thanks for letting us know the SE isnt in the same league as the SRT8 :thumbsup:...

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
Could you try to be a little more enthusiastic about it???

Welcome!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Good luck finding your new car. The Challenger is a great car.

I test drove an SE and liked it so well that I ended up buying a Challenger. I ended up getting a great deal on an R/T, but I could have been happy with the SE. I don't think there is a bad Challenger.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Welcome.......From what I can gather you like your new hot rod! Supercharge and post up... that would be fun. lol

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You've come to the right place for people who understand how you feel.

For me, the difference between an auto and six speed SRT8 was about the same- completely different beast. Lots of folks prefer the auto- no problem there, but for me, it had to be a six speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts