Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put about 5,000 miles on the GT since I've gotten it and today was the first day I got to test it's winter capability in town. The conditions were very icy, but only a little snow. I have to say that the GT performed every bit as well as my 1500 Ram in 4wd auto...very sure footed. Stopping is still a challenge on ice as it is with any vehicle due to physics and all that good stuff. If anyone is hesitant regarding all weather capability, don't be...buy with confidence.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,202 Posts
Good to hear that the GT's are getting it done in inclement weather. This should help Challenger sales in the area's of the country that get snow, especially as word continues to get out on these cars.

·
Registered
588 Posts
What tires come on the GT? Some proper snow tires will help a lot.

I know that even with the AWD Subaru WRX, it comes stock with crappy all seasons and to get the most out of that car, a lot of WRX owners swap out for winter tires.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
Believe the same 235/55 Michelin all seasons that come on SXT except they're 19" vs 18". No snow around here too bad! :D

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I know that even with the AWD Subaru WRX, it comes stock with crappy all seasons and to get the most out of that car, a lot of WRX owners swap out for winter tires.
I want to get some 20's for "Summer Tires" and keep the 18's for winter tires...I'd definitely go to some serious snow tires for the winter wheels.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I want to get some 20's for "Summer Tires" and keep the 18's for winter tires...I'd definitely go to some serious snow tires for the winter wheels.
Yea, I have my summer/fall 20" inch wheel and when the first snow fall comes around, I put these on. Michelin Xice.

Although we had a mild winter last season, the car did fine when we did get snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Update: This car has been great in the ND/MN winter. It really performs quite well in AWD on any snow and ice...especially in a straight line. I've been pretty pleased with the traction on accelerations AND stopping. (I'm coming out of a RAM EcoD...still got it for towing). More items of note: the heater works fabulously...none of the mysterious hot cold flashes I have in my Ram from time to time. Defrosters are also very effective. No problem starting at all when cold bathed overnight in the driveway (I wrench on my sleds sometimes). I've had no issues with getting hung up on snow filled streets. The heated steering wheel gets pretty hot...almost too much. The heated seats are great.

I've gotten to really like the blended 70/30 ratio of rear/front power as it still allows you to steer with throttle if so inclined. Careful though...she'll bust loose. I don't know how well behaved a HEMI AWD would be...this girl likes to swing her ass around with the throttle and I could see a HEMI being a doughnut machine. The car is confidence inspiring on slick roads...I'll admit to using the cruise when I should probably be keeping it manual.

All around winner in my book. A great all season car. I've gotten a lot of wise ass remarks about "who drives a sports car in the winter"...jaws usually drop when I tell them it's AWD.

P.S. The mileage in this thing is legit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts