Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corvette drag racing peeps have probably heard of Mark Carlysle from his Gorgeous Atomic Orange C6 Vette (that runs in the sixes in the quarter mile). Well, he stepped up his game when he ran 10.65 @ 130 with a 50 horse shot of nitrous in a brand new C8. These cars are brand new to the market and are just going to get quicker.

2020 C8 in the tens..............

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Corvette drag racing peeps have probably heard of Mark Carlysle from his Gorgeous Atomic Orange C6 Vette (that runs in the sixes in the quarter mile). Well, he stepped up his game when he ran 10.65 @ 130 with a 50 horse shot of nitrous in a brand new C8. These cars are brand new to the market and are just going to get quicker.

2020 C8 in the tens..............
It ain't a "fair fight".........GM and Chevrolet are holding back the real speed that is coming. Dodge and Ford have absolutely NOTHING that can compete with this car. Ford has it's GT but at a price tag that is just other-worldly vs the every day affordable as found in a Corvette , Super Charged Challenger or Mustang all priced under a 6 figure MSRP.

It's that mid engine placement. It's supposed to be all about handling on a road course and it certainly does help with that for sure but the side benefit is easy to see at the drag strip or in any 0-60MPH "take off".

Weight transfer to those rear wheels is just off the hook.

When a sub-500HP base motor (the only one available right now) can do a sub 3 sec 0-60MPH blast on street tires.......it becomes abundantly clear every one else in Detroit is bringing a knife to this gun fight.

You just know the super charged version with a mid 2 second 0-60MPH is coming.

Mary Barra........love her or hate her. The idea of automotive engineer steering the company over this past decade vs the more typical marketing and bean counters of the past clearly makes a huge difference in terms of the direction.

GM styling is certainly a point to debate........but the idea of how advanced the actual engineering is on so many GM performance cars today vs their competition really isn't. If you can get past the subjective UGLY......Chevy and Cadillac are building some kick ass Objectively measurable performance today.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,112 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
This is a tragedy.
Yup. I can only imagine the disappointment associated with waiting and then seeing it lost to a MORON with no insurance. Accidents happen, maybe he didn't see the light change........I can forgive an accident but choosing to go "bare" of insurance. That's a choice.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It ain't a "fair fight".........GM and Chevrolet are holding back the real speed that is coming. Dodge and Ford have absolutely NOTHING that can compete with this car. Ford has it's GT but at a price tag that is just other-worldly vs the every day affordable as found in a Corvette , Super Charged Challenger or Mustang all priced under a 6 figure MSRP.

It's that mid engine placement. It's supposed to be all about handling on a road course and it certainly does help with that for sure but the side benefit is easy to see at the drag strip or in any 0-60MPH "take off".

Weight transfer to those rear wheels is just off the hook.

When a sub-500HP base motor (the only one available right now) can do a sub 3 sec 0-60MPH blast on street tires.......it becomes abundantly clear every one else in Detroit is bringing a knife to this gun fight.

You just know the super charged version with a mid 2 second 0-60MPH is coming.

Mary Barra........love her or hate her. The idea of automotive engineer steering the company over this past decade vs the more typical marketing and bean counters of the past clearly makes a huge difference in terms of the direction.

GM styling is certainly a point to debate........but the idea of how advanced the actual engineering is on so many GM performance cars today vs their competition really isn't. If you can get past the subjective UGLY......Chevy and Cadillac are building some kick ass Objectively measurable performance today.
I agree that everyone else is going to play catch up with the C8 and it's going to get worse for Ford and FCA too because rumor has it that the upcoming Z06 version is going to have a flat plane crank along with a couple of hair dryers (Turbochargers). This would be similar to an FPC Blackwing version of the motor that Cadillac had in the CT6-V.

As far as Mary Barra, she's been Great for GM. She knows how to run a business and in every interview that I've read about her, she has a plan concerning the direction that she wants GM to go and knows how to get there. She also has a good team backing her up. Mark Reuss is a Performance Guy and knows ALOT about building Fast cars too. He would be GM's version of Tim Kuniskis or Ralph Gilles or Mark Trostle. I have Much Respect for all of them for the job that they're doing.

A Guy
It makes me sad to read that, but it sounds like June Bug is taking it in stride though! I don't think that I could be so understanding but you never know until you're walking in those shoes (and I Hope that I don't ever have to do that). I'm glad to read that everyone was alright in the crash too.

The black Hyundai that hit him looked like it took a good beating. It also looks like the person who was driving it might have been living in the car and I feel for them if that's the case. I do think that they should've been paying better attention though. It looks like the Guy that is in the red shirt, sitting on the curb may have been the driver of the black car. He doesn't look well and might even be praying.

Just my observations and maybe I've been watching too many detective shows on TV lately! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts