Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just raced my Challenger for the first time at a drag strip. It was a first for me also. I put the car in Track mode and I also turned on the anti-skid. The first two times were in the14's but the third and last run I remembered to turn on the camera. It was 13:42. If you want to see the video it's on You Tube under the title "2019 Challenger drag w/o launch control".------------ I have stock 275 tires and did not smoke them before the run. --- My questions are should I take the anti-skid off and smoke the tires for a better time.

Thanks

https://youtu.be/Li33YFfvhnI

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,188 Posts
Congrats man! You'll be hooked now!

I'm not sure if you have an R/T or a Scat Pack, but either way drag radials will help big time if you can get a pair on the back.

Street tires - 28psi, drive around burnout box and avoid water, do a very short spin of the tires to clean them off, stage as shallow as possible, leave on the third yellow, nail it off the line but not to the floor, ease into the throttle as fast as you can while maintaining first gear without the tires going up in smoke.

Drag radials - 18-22psi, back the rear tires into the burnout box, pull forward out of the water, spin the tires through 1st for a second then into 2nd for a couple seconds, then into 3rd for just a second or two and let off the brakes and roll forward. Stage, leave on third yellow, floor it when you take off.

You definitely want to be in Sport mode at a minimum. If you are able to access Track mode, do that as that's .1 quicker than Sport mode.

Ideally with a Scat Pack you should see 60ft times in the 1.7's with drag radials and maybe 1.8-1.9's with an R/T (assuming an automatic trans). M6's are a whole different deal, much harder to launch and be consistent with.

Keep practicing, you'll get better and better with more seat time and passes.

Also, your video shows as unavailable.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,551 Posts
Also, your video shows as unavailable.
Seems to be a forum thing for some embedded videos. I added the youtu.be address to click on as well

A Guy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts