Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Scat Pack Challenger
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK many of you probably already know this: I have owned several late 60's GM muscle cars and had a C3 corvette (and driven other muscle cars from the 60's-the 90s) and while some were fast, the handling of most was pretty sketchy. Everything I've seen about these Modern Mopars talks about straight line, people drag racing them etc. so I didn't expect my M6 2022SP to handle that great. I was honestly very timid for the first part of the drive today.

It does have lighter PK 20X9.5 rims with 18mm offset and 275/40 Michelin pilot sport 4S tires, but I was stunned how good this car handles. It felt super planted with just a tiny bit of mid corner push that went away with some throttle if I had the engine in the meat of the torque curve. The base 4 piston Brembos seem to be plenty of brake as well.

I did a lot of 2 cycle kart racing, as well as a little road racing years ago, so I know what a balanced vehicle feels like. I wouldn't proclaim this car is gonna destroy everything at the track, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it handles the twisties, especially given how heavy these cars are. Hats off to dodge on tuning the SP suspension and after my finances recover from some recent purchases, gonna look into some strut tower braces for it.

Tire Wheel Car Cloud Vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts