Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Mopar 865 group on FB!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Reactions: CudaChally

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Can't be worried about that. :ROFLMAO: It only happens every couple hundred years... (see Mt. St.Helens 1980) Rainier is overdue but with all the geological monitoring there would be plenty of warning. St. Helens went active in March and didn't blow up till May.

I didn't take that pic... but I did take these...

Rainier

Rainier... on a clear day you can't miss it. This is 60 miles away.

Adams on the left... St. Helens on the right. St. Helens is missing the top 3000 ft when she literally blew her top off in 1980. I like to tell people that Rainier is a good "before" example with all the trees and life around it... St Helens is the "after" because if you go there it looks like the surface of the moon and trees and other life are just now making a comeback 40 years later.

St. Helens today ( I didn't take these) The forest surrounding the mountain was leveled and buried by the landslide. What you see floating in the lake in the 2nd pic are trees that were uprooted and tossed like toothpicks and are still floating in the lake 40 years later.
View attachment 1058601
View attachment 1058603
If you like the outdoors the Pacific Northwest is a good spot to add to the bucket list if you've never been here. Lots to see and do. I don't really miss the east coast as far as outdoor stuff is concerned. (y)
Here's what the parking lot looks like with about 200 fine Mopars parked up there!
Cloud Sky Mountain Vehicle Motor vehicle
Car Sky Vehicle Cloud Motor vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts