Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
So where are all the automatic guys saying their car are faster than a manual?
Well, but what if this guy's car was automatic ... wouldn't his times be even better?

·
Premium Member
9,373 Posts
Well, but what if this guy's car was automatic ... wouldn't his times be even better?
Yes, I’m well aware of that fact. My point is in my day it was about the driver as well as the car and I give this guy huge credit for accomplishing this feat. Anyone can put a vehicle in drive and mash the pedal, watch this guy even beat this time in the future.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
That's badass! That guy was flying down the track. Put some wings on that car and it would take off!

Probably would be a little faster if it were an automatic, but so what who cares, it's a badass car regardless of the transmission. An 8 second car is fast no matter how you look at it. That's really amazing!

·
Registered
882 Posts
As a manual shift guy myself, It puts a huge smile on my face seeing that video......What a pass it was.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
As a manual shift guy myself, It puts a huge smile on my face seeing that video......What a pass it was.
Yeah I wonder what RPM he dumped the clutch at? That's one strong rear end in that car haha!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yeah I wonder what RPM he dumped the clutch at? That's one strong rear end in that car haha!
Here's some information.9" rear.

Quote torquenews

In case you missed the details on the Epling Garage “007” Dodge Challenger, the Hellcat Hemi engine of this car is surprisingly stock-ish. All of the engine internals are stock, with only a smaller upper pulley, larger fuel injectors, a Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump, a massive nitrous setup and a High Horse Performance tune for Q16 racing fuel lifting the engine output.

While the engine of the Epling Garage isn’t heavily modified, the rest of the drivetrain has been built to handle the loads handed out by that 1,000+ horsepower Hemi. The stock 6-speed transmission has been replacing with a fully built, custom 6-speed manual racing transmission, but it should be noted that there are no electronics aiding in the launch. That custom-built transmission is mated with a prototype shifter, a prototype slave cylinder/housing and an externally weighted, externally adjusted pro stock clutch.
Behind that race-ready manual transmission is a Knoxville Driveline 1 piece steel driveshaft, a 9” rearend from the Driveshaft Shop, 35 spline axles from the Driveshaft Shop and lightweight Holeshot 15” wheels wrapped in 29 inch Hoosier slicks.
So an unopened engine with nitrous, extra boost and a racing fuel tune from High Horse Performance, a custom transmission setup, a heavy duty rear axle setup, smaller brakes (to let the 15 inch wheels fit), a good set of slicks and a skilled driver allowed the Epling Garage Challenger to set the record as the world’s quickest Hellcat car in the quarter mile.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,073 Posts
To pass censors...Dang!

A Guy

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Again did any read what was Done to the car?
Upper pulley nitrous 6,000 dss rear end aka 9” And a 3,000 dollar tranny. It is cool and all but he as over 10 grand in top of the car. The whole point of a hellcat is 700hp FACTORY TUNED AND WARRANTY CAR. I don’t undertand why people decide to get crazy with these things. If you drag race. Go by a older srt that you can fit for drag racing. But that is me.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Again did any read what was Done to the car?
Upper pulley nitrous 6,000 dss rear end aka 9” And a 3,000 dollar tranny. It is cool and all but he as over 10 grand in top of the car. The whole point of a hellcat is 700hp FACTORY TUNED AND WARRANTY CAR. I don’t undertand why people decide to get crazy with these things. If you drag race. Go by a older srt that you can fit for drag racing. But that is me.....

This guy just turned an 8 second 1/4 and you are downplaying it because he put 10 grand in it to get there? That is very little money to have an 8 second car. If that is all the $ he has in it that is a fantastic run.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yes you can build an 8 second car for less most likely, but this car is badass! Regardless of $$$, transmission, nitrous, etc. An 8 second car is fast as hell no matter how you look at it. I think it's pretty awesome!

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Kinda chuckle to myself when this community makes it all about that tenth of a second and then turns back around and scoffs at the fact automatics are faster now.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
This guy just turned an 8 second 1/4 and you are downplaying it because he put 10 grand in it to get there? That is very little money to have an 8 second car. If that is all the $ he has in it that is a fantastic run.

Yes I am. Is it cool. Ya. But spending 60000 on a car and out another 10-20 in it and lose the factory warranty. Do you have that kind of cash? Is so congrats. I don’t
That is why I build a 09 and do my own work myself

Just saying. I am not knocking the speed. Cool but it seams nuts for that kind of cash

1 - 20 of 28 Posts