Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just recently purchased a 2012 SRT8 392. Its all bone stock, looking for pointers, where should I start? Cold air intake? Tuner? Exhaust? I do hate the shift points in my automatic, but not sure what tuner is best, especially with limited knowledge and funds. All input is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Elevator Man. I can't help with the Hemi questions, but surprised at your dislike of the A8, everyone raves. A Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the warm welcome A Guy, it could be I'm too familiar with driving my GMC Yukon for too long, lol. Had it for 10 years. My first taste of Mopar magic was my first car 1970 Dodge Dart with a 318, you couldn't kill that engine. Although I love my new baby, it shifts sooo fast ( even in manual ) I feel I should be able to get more out of it. Maybe it's the baffle between gears that feels like it falls flat when it shifts.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,264 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'd start with the tuner, install a canned tune and lean to use the various features. The diablo tuner offers a 91 and 93 canned tunes, you can chose from either depending on the gas quality available in your area and you should try both as one or the other might run better for you. You can also do things like adjust throttle boost (throttle sensitivity) increase the rev limiter etc...

Also if you want to shift at a higher rpm put your car in Sport mode and shift it your self as that will allow you to hold gear until you want to shift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input 70barcuda, we do have 93 here in Florida. I'll definitely try the tip about the sport mode. I'm still playing with all of the bells and whistles on this thing, lol. Is that the Diablo Trinity you were speaking of?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts
It would help if I paid attention to the year, lol. A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. Good luck. How many miles, or was I not paying attention either?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you, I'm in love again, the wife is jealous lol. I'm in Florida, still not sure about the heated steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
878 Posts
Welcome to the site, most folks use the Trinity or Intune for the 392 cars. You will love it and get addicted very soon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts