Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
653 Posts
Something interesting, is that in this auction, they show pics of the navigation working, with homage to Garmin. The display and readouts are somewhat different, though the MyGig unit still looks the same.
I noticed that too. And for some reason I want to say that the paneling around the unit itself looks a little differently shaped. But it might just be the color difference.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Dealer let you test drive an SRT8? I'd test one every day until mine came.
The first Dodge dealership I visted would only let me test drive a SE. They said they wanted to keep the miliage off of the SRT8s.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I just put in a bid of $35,000 for it...

·
Registered
653 Posts
The first Dodge dealership I visted would only let me test drive a SE. They said they wanted to keep the miliage off of the SRT8s.
That's weird, mine let me drive the R/T. If your customer is going to be buying a V8, why not let them at least test drive the baby Hemi, not a V6.

·
Registered
681 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That's weird, mine let me drive the R/T. If your customer is going to be buying a V8, why not let them at least test drive the baby Hemi, not a V6.
At the time I wasn't ready to buy one yet (Dec 2009) and stated that. The main reason I wanted to drive one was to see if it fit in my garage. So they opted to let me drive a SE. Chevy did the same thing with the Camaro, they had me drive a V6 as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
...and here is the Build & Shipment Info for this one.
Wow, that's awesome. What I noticed is that the URL contains a VIN number in the querystring. I substituted the VIN for my own and POW, now I know exactly where my car is, and I don't need to ask RS for updates! Thank you so much. My dealer doesn't seem to really have a clue, this is helpful. I think Dodge should consider making more info available to the public. My buying experience has really not been very good so far considering no one has a clue what's going on w/ my car. One dealer called me back a couple of days ago to tell me I was mistaken. He had called his Rep at Dodge and was assured there is no such thing as an Inaugural Edition, maybe I was confused about the Mopar '10 model. I politely informed him that his Rep doesn't know what he's talking about, apparently, and it took a few minutes of giving him details before he finally sounded convinced that I might be right, and he would have to get back to me. I would think the Dodge sales-people would be proud to be very much up to date on the specs, pricing, and availability of their vehicles, but that seems to be the exception.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
TOO BAD IT DOESN'T work retroactively. I put my 2009 R/T Vin in there and it said "Sorry".

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think Dodge should consider making more info available to the public. My buying experience has really not been very good so far considering no one has a clue what's going on w/ my car. One dealer called me back a couple of days ago to tell me I was mistaken. He had called his Rep at Dodge and was assured there is no such thing as an Inaugural Edition, maybe I was confused about the Mopar '10 model. I politely informed him that his Rep doesn't know what he's talking about, apparently, and it took a few minutes of giving him details before he finally sounded convinced that I might be right, and he would have to get back to me. I would think the Dodge sales-people would be proud to be very much up to date on the specs, pricing, and availability of their vehicles, but that seems to be the exception.
DEFINATELY so !! sadly...
When we went looking at new cars and learned of the IEs was told same
thing.. No such thing.. One dealer said he looked into it .. Came back and
said I would not be able to get one as missed order date by two days...
Never,, NEVER, tell me 'I can;t'.... Car *IS* ordered.. So guess next week
or so we will see who is right.. Dodge dealer,, or Dodge customer...
And moreso the 2011 SRTs (non IE) are going to be in colors my grand
mother may approve of but I sure as hell do not... :notallthere: <-- Dodge thinking.

·
Registered
653 Posts
And moreso the 2011 SRTs (non IE) are going to be in colors my grand
mother may approve of but I sure as hell do not... :notallthere: <-- Dodge thinking.
The colors are terrible, I don't know why Dodge felt the need to replace Hemi Orange and TorRed with differently shaded and named lookalikes. I ordered my 2011 SRT8 in Black because I loved it last year, and it didn't actually change. I really think that part of the problem with Dodge is their new management, Ralph Gilles does not really seem fit to be running the Dodge brand in my opinion, the 2011 model lineup, aside from the Challenger, is embarrassing for Dodge.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Ralph Gilles does not really seem fit to be running the Dodge brand in my opinion, the 2011 model lineup, aside from the Challenger, is embarrassing for Dodge.
I would think that the guy that raced and help build this car -->
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2008/def/2008-Dodge-Challenger-Targa-Front-And-Side-1024x768.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.seriouswheels.com/2008/def/2008-Dodge-Challenger-Targa-Front-And-Side-1024x768.htm&usg=__ayhPW3zBQBZ3LmO_LRE6oiPL28c=&h=768&w=1024&sz=336&hl=en&start=1&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=0V-3RutOv-QzsM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddodge%2Btarga%2Bchallenger%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=B905TazhIIXDgQfFpuCzCA

definately needs to be in control of Dodge.

"aside from the Challenger", Dodge is doing what they've done in recent past; bring out the regular V-6 and V-8 models first then "drop" the SRT version. I like that! That means that they are not hurrying to get a product to market just to have it out there. I say do it right the first time.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Dealer let you test drive an SRT8? I'd test one every day until mine came.
I test drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, a Magnum SRT8, a Charger SRT8, and a 5.7 300C on my 18th birthday back in 05. :browsmiley: It just so happens that it's the same dealership (the dealer sould out but same lot and most of the same people) where Dad ordered his IE 392. :bigthumb:

I was looking at getting an R/T before Dad ordered his IE and was told at the lot where Dad picked up the Rumble Bee (different dealer not even a Dodge nealer now) that I had to put a $500 deposit down before I could test drive the R/T.:fight: I went to the one where Dad eventually ordered from and they were like "Sure, and get on it too. It's a muscle car ya gotta know what it'll do.":werd:

gr8srt8 said:
I would think that the guy that raced and help build this car -->

definately needs to be in control of Dodge.
+1 I think Gilles has got the "right stuff" for the job.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The colors are terrible, I don't know why Dodge felt the need to replace Hemi Orange and TorRed with differently shaded and named lookalikes. I ordered my 2011 SRT8 in Black because I loved it last year, and it didn't actually change. I really think that part of the problem with Dodge is their new management, Ralph Gilles does not really seem fit to be running the Dodge brand in my opinion, the 2011 model lineup, aside from the Challenger, is embarrassing for Dodge.
I agree on the base colors, but I have a feeling that we'll see more special run colors in the future (and 2011 is a SMALL model year).

However, (minus the Viper), I think this years Dodge lineup is the best one in the while. The Avenger is better, and the Charger is greatly improved (with probably only a short, 1/2 year model year wait for a new SRT). The Durango is much improved as well. Not a major redesign to the Challenger R/T (but I think they were improvements at least with a lower pricepoint), the SE and SRT were greatly improved.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts