Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Just had my first Challenger lowered on KWv2's, added Hotchkis front and rear sway bars, Speedlogix adjustable end links, SPC front UCA's, and Spohn links all the way around in the back.

The roads in my area are notoriously poor, but I've noticed that even small bumps, potholes or G outs are causing "clunking" noises from what sounds like the front and rear.

Had 2 shops look at the install (done by a local dodge dealer) and one found loose end links. Tightened up and seemed to be ok - for a bit. Had a second shop look at it after it occurred again, and they said everything looks really solid and they were impressed with the setup.

Is what I'm hearing "normal" for a lowered car? Right now I'm sitting at "1 finger" above both wheels (1/4" higher at the rear when measured from the rails).

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
You know what, i have almost all the same suspension mods as you down to the brand of coils, plus solid sway bar links and yes shes a racket. Especially on bumpy roads, but you know what she stays put when you’re on the gas and turning.

The sway bars are notoriously loud when you throw poly bushings in there and end links as well. Its just letting you hear it work.

A professional shop is good and all, but what you really need is to take it to a good suspension guy to set you up and take the pre-load out of all of the new components if that hasn’t been done yet. To sum it up, they have to torque everything down when the wheels are on the ground and it is sitting with all the weight. That will account for some of the noise in my experience

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know what, i have almost all the same suspension mods as you down to the brand of coils, plus solid sway bar links and yes shes a racket. Especially on bumpy roads, but you know what she stays put when you’re on the gas and turning.

The sway bars are notoriously loud when you throw poly bushings in there and end links as well. Its just letting you hear it work.

A professional shop is good and all, but what you really need is to take it to a good suspension guy to set you up and take the pre-load out of all of the new components if that hasn’t been done yet. To sum it up, they have to torque everything down when the wheels are on the ground and it is sitting with all the weight. That will account for some of the noise in my experience
Well that makes me feel better. Was thinking something was off. Agreed - it definitely works when it needs to. I did have a race shop in the SF Bay area actually did the final setup, and they're pretty reputable. Sounds like it's just the nature of the beast.

Reactions: trippytro

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Well that makes me feel better. Was thinking something was off. Agreed - it definitely works when it needs to. I did have a race shop in the SF Bay area actually did the final setup, and they're pretty reputable. Sounds like it's just the nature of the beast.
Sounds like your set then

Only other thing i can recommend is greasing your bushings or at least checking then every 10-15k miles with good silicone grease, and cleaning the spring, shock, and ends to keep dirt from accumulating. I used teflon tape on the edges of the sway bar bushings to help retain yhe grease longer

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts