Dodge Challenger Forum banner

First Mod?!

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Hell Ride 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I just recently got my 2011 Challenger SXT - haven't even made the first payment yet... and i'm ready to dive right in. I'm much less a knowledgeable mechanic and more an avid enthusiast, so i'm not going to start out with any massive upgrades and get in over my head.. I thought about perhaps cosmetic mods like racing seats, interior lights, door runners, shifter and cover - that kind of thing, I'm also looking for some specific addons like remote start for sure, fog lights, and keyless ignition. Then I thought maybe jump into a tuner first, and mod out from there.

I'm sitting around 40k miles, with the best toxic orange paint job you've ever seen, and a new dad behind the wheel that it dying to spend some quality time in the garage and away from a screaming baby once in a while

What was your first mod, what do you think I should start with?

#2 ·
my first mod was the sequential tail light, if your into that look, its a fairly simple install took maybe an hour and looks great

#3 ·
My first mod would be a tune. Go fast first and then start on the racing seats etc. If you do it the other way round you could end up losing interest and then it's a ricer.

#5 ·
I'm cautious about getting into too many lighting mods, I don't know if i'm wild about the tail lights. I saw some headlight accents that give you that runner look when the headlights are on - i could get into those though.

@Hell Ride, yea - I think i'm leaning that way, especially after looking around on the forums. I'm just a little concerned about getting in over my head - whats the margin for error on the tuner?

#9 ·
Yeah, seat covers and weather tech floor mats are a good place to start too

#12 ·
Ok, then - point me in the right direction.. Which tuner, and which model? From what I can see the DiabloSport Trinity T1000 for a 2011 Chellenger 3.6L is the choice preferred amoungst the posts here. I see your a DiabloSport vendor so you're probably going to agree - what else is out there, or is this the one I need flat out?

#13 ·
Diablo is the be all and end all in VVTi Mopar tuning. This is all you'll ever need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.