Dodge Challenger Forum banner

First Mod?!

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Hell Ride 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I just recently got my 2011 Challenger SXT - haven't even made the first payment yet... and i'm ready to dive right in. I'm much less a knowledgeable mechanic and more an avid enthusiast, so i'm not going to start out with any massive upgrades and get in over my head.. I thought about perhaps cosmetic mods like racing seats, interior lights, door runners, shifter and cover - that kind of thing, I'm also looking for some specific addons like remote start for sure, fog lights, and keyless ignition. Then I thought maybe jump into a tuner first, and mod out from there.

I'm sitting around 40k miles, with the best toxic orange paint job you've ever seen, and a new dad behind the wheel that it dying to spend some quality time in the garage and away from a screaming baby once in a while

What was your first mod, what do you think I should start with?

#2 ·
my first mod was the sequential tail light, if your into that look, its a fairly simple install took maybe an hour and looks great

#3 ·
My first mod would be a tune. Go fast first and then start on the racing seats etc. If you do it the other way round you could end up losing interest and then it's a ricer.

#5 ·
I'm cautious about getting into too many lighting mods, I don't know if i'm wild about the tail lights. I saw some headlight accents that give you that runner look when the headlights are on - i could get into those though.

@Hell Ride, yea - I think i'm leaning that way, especially after looking around on the forums. I'm just a little concerned about getting in over my head - whats the margin for error on the tuner?

#7 ·
I've been looking at them the past few days, what kind of real improvement am I going to see from stock? I see it's saying that the most noticeable changes are in the low gears, but what more specifically are we talking about? Better acceleration, and is it that noticeable and more responsive shifting, what else does say the high octane tune bring to the challenger specifically?

#11 ·
I've been looking at them the past few days, what kind of real improvement am I going to see from stock? I see it's saying that the most noticeable changes are in the low gears, but what more specifically are we talking about? Better acceleration, and is it that noticeable and more responsive shifting, what else does say the high octane tune bring to the challenger specifically?
More power everywhere, better throttle response, better shifting, and reduce Torque management, its all rather noticeable :)

#9 ·
Yeah, seat covers and weather tech floor mats are a good place to start too

#12 ·
Ok, then - point me in the right direction.. Which tuner, and which model? From what I can see the DiabloSport Trinity T1000 for a 2011 Chellenger 3.6L is the choice preferred amoungst the posts here. I see your a DiabloSport vendor so you're probably going to agree - what else is out there, or is this the one I need flat out?

#13 ·
Diablo is the be all and end all in VVTi Mopar tuning. This is all you'll ever need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.