Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the Challenger was re-introduced,it was the first time in almost 30 year that I considered buying a new car.My main transportation has been trucks and I've had several new ones over the years but as for cars it's only been antiques and classics and a new Jeep back in 01.
I consider these my fun summer rigs and still have most of them,but I finally was able to order a new R/T Shaker a couple months ago with out even driving one.The looks alone was good enough for me to love it.
I just picked it up last Friday and after driving it all weekend, am just as in love with the way it drives.
I've got a feeling my other summer rigs won't get much use from here out.
It took 30 years to be interested in a new car but boy was it worth the wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Congrats and welcome. That's a nice looking ride.

I can see why you're enjoying it! :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
welcome and congrats..very nice color btw!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Very nice!!! Enjoy it! What are those wheels called?

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Awesome car, buddy! Congrats!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Welcome from AZ!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are shaker wheels.
They are basically the same as 100th anniversary wheels except that the shaker wheels have black pockets, whereas the 100th anniversary wheels have grey pockets.

Bingo ! Shaker wheels indeed and they and the Shaker are what I like the most about this package,along with the ruby red and black interior.
I had a tough time deciding between the Classic R/T and this one.I wanted the R/T side stripe and satin chrome grill accents that the Classic has but the wheels and Shaker on the one I got.I figured it would be easier to add the stuff I wanted to the Shaker package.
I'm putting the side stripe on this week end and may change out or paint the grill in the future?
I've never seen a Challenger I didn't like,no matter what color or package.
Thanks for the compliments.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
12 Participants
wlemer
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing