Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my SRT8 will be six months old in 5 days. Had to bring it in because the leather had pulled out of the seat back approx an inch so they had to fix it. No prob, it was covered. So I figured the timing was right and had the oil and filter changed. It had 3278 miles on it but I went by the book because of the "under no circumstances let the oil exceed 6 months or 6,000 miles". Looks like I'll be doing only two oil changes a year. Question; will my oil change indicator come on if it wasn't on when the car was brought in? I know it's duty cycled. Does the car still "think" it only has 3200 miles on it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
968 Posts
I dont think so. Although my proof is that I did a break-in oil change around 600mi, and it didn't come on after that. I've never seen the oil warning light, I am very proactive about changing it.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Mine along with a lot of others' had the oil change light come on for the first time at exactly 2500 miles.

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Mine is due for its 1st 6 month oil change, under 2000 miles, Mobil 1 and stock filter probly change it saturday.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Every time you change your oil, or have it changed, you should reset it, because they usually forget. Press your start button twice with your foot OFF the brake, this will put it in the run position. Now push the gas peddle slowly three times to the floor and back. Push the start button again with your foot OFF the brake and it will turn everything off. It will now be reset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts